1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

nissan pickup

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by tystick, Sep 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tystick

tystick Junior Member
    from ny

i need a plow for light duty snow removal. What is best for light truck 4x4?

2. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

All of the major manufacturers (fisher western meyer sno way and now blizzard ) have put out some type of lighter weight plow system for smaller trucks. Your problem lies in finding out if it will void your warranty if you still have one intact on your said vehicle. If you want a personal use plow Fisher had a Homesteader model and Western the Suburbanite for personal use on lighter duty trucks.

Check them out and good luck

Welcome to PLOWSITE.

Jay

3. wyldman

wyldman Member

Go with a Snoway.They are light,and have downpressure for better backdragging and scraping.Will make a nice little plow truck.What year is the Nissan ? 4 cyl or V6 ?

Check out www.snoway.com

4. DanG

DanG Senior Member

My father in law is the sales manager at a Nissan dealership in upstate NY and from what he's told me is that the warrenty is voided if you put a plow on the frontier.:(

On the up side he also told me that they will be coming out with a full size truck(like the toyota tundra) this year in the fall or very early next year.

I'm keeping my eyes& ears open because I have a feeling that i can get a good deal on one when they do come out.;)

Dan

5. wyldman

wyldman Member

I looked at a new Frontier at a Nissan dealer,for a personal truck,and inquired about putting a blade on it.They had no problems whatsoever.I even asked if Nissan themselves would void the warranty.They said no,unless it's been abused.Must have been a good dealer I guess. :D

6. beherit316

beherit316 Banned

Toyota Tundra, LOL, what a joke of a truck.Toyota made the Tundra to compete with American trucks, like Toyota or any other Japanese piece of crap could actually compete with our American trucks.
    Help keep America's economy strong, buy American.What disappoints me is when you look at Japanese cars and/or trucks none of them come with a grass catcher.:(

Look at American businesses, every company uses American vehicle's for commercial purposes, I only have seen maybe a handful of companies that use Japanese vehicles as commercial vehicles.

I personally hate all Jap cars and trucks, they are powerless and worthless automobiles.

7. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

What he said! Buy American! You live in America, buy American! Thats where all the Ford vs. Chevy vs. Dodge crap stops. As long as we are buying and driving one of the above mentioned three, we are doing good. It burns me up to see foreigners living here in our country and they drive a foreign car. :realmad: You wanna live here why? Whatever the reason is, fine, but buy one of our cars to drive while your here! Mike

8. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

Ever been out west? Cops use toyotas in Cali, Aspen Colorado uses range rovers, Vail uses SAABs....

Nissan Titan is going to have 300+hp, DANA 44s front and rear (ifs up front though) coolest bed on the planet, probably 95% US made parts and probably pretty dam reliable. Don't forget the 9200 lb tow capacity either...

Yes I would consider that for 1/2 ton truck

9. snowjoker

snowjoker Senior Member

Rice is cheaper than gasoline:nono:

10. wyldman

wyldman Member

If the big 3 could build a truck\suv\car with the same quality and refinement as the imports,they would sell a lot more.Just look at how busy the Ford\Chevy\Dodge truck forums are compared to the import forum.

A lot of the import are actually built here in North America now,parts as well,so your still supporting your economy depending on what you buy.

I've had quite a few import trucks,that would outlast,outrun,and get better gas mileage than one from the big 3.Not quite the load carrying capabilty,but not everyone needs that in an everyday vehicle.

11. beherit316

beherit316 Banned

The way I see it is , this whole foreign car phenomenon is absolutely ridiculous.Ever stop and look around you at who is mostly driven this foreign piece's of crap? People that cant afford a real car.Nissan, Toyota,Volkswagen and Honda were designed for the financially challenged people.
    What's funny is I own a 96 truck, you can buy 2 new Honda civics for what my truck is worth right now.
    Well I'm not gonna go any deeper into this conversation because there could be someone at there who owns one of these things, and it will be only a matter of time before they respond and things escalate.

Will just leave it at this.I HATE FOREIGN CARS, cant begin to tell you how much they get in my way.:mad:

Hell all I need to do is buy a sulky for my walk behind and I too can be "Economized".The way I see it is the only difference between their economy car and my lawn mower is, they have 4 seats and a roof and I don't.

12. wyldman

wyldman Member

The imports aren't any cheaper than a comparable North American car.In fact most are slightly more expensive.They are cheaper to run in the long run.I'd take a Civic over a Cavalier anyday.

I don't think your truck is worth the price of two new Civics.Maybe one.You also comparing apples to oranges,and trucks are normally priced higher than a small economy car.

96 F250 Gas 4X4 SC XLT is about $11,300 - 12,500 wholesale right now.Retail is about $15,000

2003 Honda Civic goes for about $20,000 out the door base model.

Those are CDN prices,butshould be pretty close.Straight from the little black book.

13. beherit316

beherit316 Banned

Brand new base model civics are like 8 grand here advertised. I always see them advertised in our newspaper and on TV commercial's.Don't know where you see them for 20.

America makes the best sports cars and I have yet to see any foreign car try to beat our Viper.And as far as luxury cars go , we the Americans wrote the book on luxury cars.

Now Mercedes on the either hand are also nice cars and very luxurious.my mother in law has a 500 sl or what ever the letters are at the end of it.It is a large sedan with every available option you can get in it.Rides sooooo nice.

But I stick to American, I believe that US dollars need to stay in our country.

14. wyldman

wyldman Member

Those prices listed were in Canadian dollars.The base Civic goes for 12,000+ in the US,probably more out the door.

15. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Funny thing is almost every car sold in America is made in America. This is especially true of Japanese makers. Most Toyotas come out of the Carolinas, Tennessee and Kentucky.

Everytime cars are rated in magazines the foreign models rate better for fit and trim, design, quality, fuel consumption etc. Further power is no longer an issue. Most foreign V6s put out more hp then a American V8. Nissan is getting around 260+HP from their 3.4 liter V6. That is impressive.

Right now American fullsize trucks do dominate but I would not count on that for long. Toyota half tons have been working harder overseas then one tons here for a long time. What do you think the terrorists use to get around small mountain trails in Afghanistan? They carry tons of supplies on them. Once Toyota and Nissan get true 3/4 or 1 ton trucks the domestic makers are going to have to rethink their whole philosophy. It is right around the corner.

16. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Funny you mention MERCEDES. They my friend are owned by Daimler Chrysler which is an American company. Foreign cars are not my favorites either and ive never owned one but I will tell you this. Foreign cars really aren't that Foreign at all anymore. There are factories all over the US for Honda and Toyota.

Jay

17. yako

yako Member

about all foriegn cars are made in the us as already posted. most hondas are made in ohio. consumer reports does rate foriegn vehicles better for the most part, and a higher resale value. if you buy one you are supporting the local economy, however most of the money is still going over seas to their homeland. if i was to buy a little economy car, a honda or toyota would be a smart decission, but i wouldnt because all the hell id face from my family (who mainly work for ford). imo if you have the money buy american and keep the dollars in the us.

18. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I agree that's it's hard to make the distinction between American and foreign. But Daimler Chrysler is only partly American - the other part is German. Unfortunately, the management part is Daimler. When they have downsizing - Americans and American jobs are the first to go.

19. beherit316

beherit316 Banned

And just what do you think our engines put out when we supercharge them? A Mustang saleen with a super charger puts out over 500 hp.See we the Americans don't have to soup up our motors because we already have the power under the hood.As far as Toyota and Nissan being the popular work truck over sea's with what you see on the news,did you ever stop to look at the people driving them?? these people live in dirt caves and mud huts and have nothing .Yes one would definitely not own a Ford,Chevy,or Dodge.

another question:If foreign cars are so great, then why is Ford buying up all the companies like Jaguar ect? Ah maybe because we know how to build them right?

About that Nissan that has 260 plus hp, every pay attention of how much that car sells for? Alot of money.Close to around the price of a vette if not more, and a vette Z06 will eat that thing for breakfast.Look at Acura's NSX, that thing cost so much money yet it still cant beat out Dodge Viper.Nothing can beat our Dodge Viper, we are in the lead with the horsepower and we have been for a very very long time.

I think the only car that could possibly beat the Viper would be the new Lamborghini which is well over $275.000.

20. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

For your light duty truck you should get a sno-way. they make a nice lightweight that would work great on your truck, Meyer and western also have a plow for your truck:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.