1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

nissan hardbody

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by rrob1399, Dec 6, 2006.

1. rrob1399

rrob1399 Junior Member

i was wondering if anybody plows with a nissan hardbody i just picked up a 95 with a plow for cheap money and was wondering abount pros and cons

2. rrob1399

rrob1399 Junior Member

also its a six cylinder four wheel drive

3. rayf268

rayf268 Senior Member

I got a big PRO for you

You got it cheap .

4. rrob1399

rrob1399 Junior Member

yup true 2000 $ and with meyer 6 foot plow and 130 000 on the clock but the motor is the same as my 93 maxima best 6 ever made they last a lifetime

5. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

i dont plow with mine but i have 97,000 on it, its a TOUGH little truck...maybe one of the toughest compacts i know of. I have the 4 in mine, but I imagine the 6 should be plenty strong enough to push, the transfer case in it is near bulletproof from what i can tell you.

post a pic, i would like to see the plow setup because i know on mine theres not a whole lot of room to put a plow on the front, the IFS gets in the way.

6. rayf268

rayf268 Senior Member

is this going to be your driver truck or are you going to depend on this truck to make a living . if not I would plow the heck out of it . I for one think the cheaper you can operate the better meaning more money in your pocket .

7. rrob1399

rrob1399 Junior Member

pretty much it will be used to push snow and haul a dirtbike in summer thats the only reason i bought it

8. rrob1399

rrob1399 Junior Member

here she is what do you think?

truck.jpg

truck 2.jpg

truck 3.jpg

9. dirt digger

good looking truck, i dont know if you can or not but i would really like to see an up close pic of the mount itself...

the tires look good on it, but if you ever switch i would go with the BFGoodrich all-terrains....best thing i could have done..

heres a night shot of mine

hardbody.jpg

10. rrob1399

rrob1399 Junior Member

tomorrow ill get it for you nice fog lights i got them too but i can tget them to light the switch is good and bulbs but dont go on

11. dirt digger

those are aftermarket lights that i mounted inside the plastic grille things...i had to cut the plastic but you can't tell. They are on a toggle switch along with the amber LED strip

if you have any questions now that you own a hardbody let me know, i have pretty much worked on my truck bumper to bumper....the only complaints i have right now are that there is a rattle around 3200 rpm on the highway, it sounds like a aluminum tubimg for the AC is rattling due to a loose clamp but i havent checked it out yet, and i cant get the exhaust bracket right behind the catylific converter fixed...the weld broke, i tried re-welding, i even fabricated my own bracket and welded it on but i keeps rebreaking...o well, no big deal..i can just hear the exhaust system shake when i drive through corn fields.

i just saw you are new to the site too...welcome

Last edited: Dec 6, 2006
  12. rrob1399

rrob1399 Junior Member

i had the same problem with my bracket behind the cat its all rusted out so when i hie 3200 like you i was getting a rattle it was the cat resting on the frame so i took it to a little weld shop 40 bucks and they fixed it no more noise, as far as the lights mine came with them i just cant get them to work. and i have to figure out how to get air out of my angle arms? i dont know how to do that

13. Seamus

Seamus Member

Wow! Nice looking D21. Mine is the exact same as yours, but I took the graphics off the sides. I have the Sno-Way MT 6' 8" on mine. Does great and I haven't run into anything I couldn't push around. A few things you should look out for on the HB are as follows: exhaust manifold studs, odometer, front brakes. The exhaust manifolds studs are known to break and can be recognized by a tapping noise coming from the engine bay. The odometers are known to go on the fritz and work intermittently, or even quit all together. I had to replace both of my front calipers, but I can't really say this is a problem for all HB's. All in all, it is a tough little truck and should serve you well.
    Seamus

14. dirt digger

yea i've had to replace both calipers and my manifold studs are broke off...some of them anyway...how do i replace them? that may be where my tapping is coming from

15. Seamus

Seamus Member

Yeah, I'd say that's what the tapping is. Sometimes it is the manifold itself has a crack in it. You can take the truck to the stealership and it will run around $500 a side. You can do it yourself, like I did, but it takes some time and a lot of swearing. If I had to do it again, I'd just take it to the dealer. One of mine was broken off flush and was very difficult to get out. The ones that weren't broke ended up breaking when I took the manifold off. If I had a pro shop set up, it would have went much easier. Since I did it in my garage, it was a bit more complicated. Truth is, it won't hurt anything the way it is.
    Seamus

16. rrob1399

rrob1399 Junior Member

hers the pics of the plow setup i just bled the arms so alot of fluid on it

100_0770.jpg

100_0771.jpg

100_0773.jpg

17. dirt digger

thanks rob, thats a lot of custom fab work it looks like, i didnt realize it lowered the ground clearance that much...Seamus you have any pics of your snoway setup??

18. rrob1399

rrob1399 Junior Member

i diddnt realize i was that low first plow truck ya now so its not a mount made for the truck? learn something new everyday will it be okay to push?

19. rrob1399

rrob1399 Junior Member

also should i use the top holes or does it not matter?

20. dirt digger

if you never plan on taking the truck in "rough stuff" in the summer then ground clearance isn't an issue. For me anyway, having something hang that low off the front wouldn't work for the crap i have gotten myself into. As far as the holes go which ever gives you the best scrape, they just change the angle of the plow a bit, but i might move them to the middle or top just so when you are transporting you dont bottom out.