1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Nissan Frontier w / 680 Blizzard

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Jerre Heyer, Oct 4, 2003.

1. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Just got done hanging this today. Though some of you would like to see it. Drops about 1.5-2 in when lifting the plow. More picts in the Picts forum. Jerre

dsc00866.jpg

2. Rob Hausrath

Rob Hausrath Member

Jerre-

Nice Job! Looks fantastic!

:drinkup:

3. h_riderca

h_riderca Member

The 680 is a nice looking plow. I just had one mounted on a 2000 chevy blazer. I hope it works as good as it looks.

One concern I have is how it backdrags being that it is only 350lbs.

What plow controller to people use the Joy stick or the Touch pad?

4. Rob Hausrath

Rob Hausrath Member

h_riderca,

Congrats on your purchase!

The plow is lightweight in that it does weigh only about 350 pounds, but keep in mind that on any Blizzard Plow, the majority of that weight is transferred directly to the cutting edge because the weight of the pump / manifold assembly is right out there on the A-frame. (Yes, that may have been one of the longest run-on sentences in history!)

As far as controllers go, the Joystick is the standard controller, the touch pad is optional. The touch pad has not been all that popular with the folks in this area for straight blades or Power Plows.

5. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

The plow looks like it fits the truck nicely. Thanks for the pics!:nod: