1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Nightmare snowstorm!!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by clncut, Dec 17, 2007.

1. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

Just need to rant here. I will take a 2-4 inch snowstorm over what we had yesterday anytime!!! This may be lenghty to some.

Let me set the stage, After hitting the 24 hr places around 10 PM without incident, I head home for a couple hrs of sleep. Its 145 AM and Im heading out. Didnt measure the snow but there is definately enough to plow. I have a 2 inch trigger on everything. Go outside and its almost white out conditions. Snowing hard and wind is blowing like crazy so Im pumped. Unfortunatley my sub could not get off work till 8Am so Im by myself. Head over to hit the 24 hour gas station and the so called manager tells me his boss is trying to save money and was wants the lot pushed 1 time when the storm is over:eek: I explain to him, weathermen states we could have up to 12 or more inches of snow and I will not push all that at one time. Then I directed him to my contract, signed by the higher ups which CLEARLY states plowing starts at 2" and will be continued every 2" of snow accum. So I ended up plowing the gas station 3 times!:Dpayup. I finished up the gas station and hit a couple of residentials. No problems.

So I start on opening up a Church. Pushing into a pile and felt the front end drop off the asphalt and into the soft ground. STUCK:mad: Start shoveling without luck. Now mind you that there were probably 10-15 plowers that had drove by while I was mobile but now that Im stuck, alone in a white out, nobody is around to help. Finally dig out and Im mobile again. Phone rings at 530. A business I contract with has some clients bitching that they are not plowed out yet and is out shoveling his drive. She continues to tell me that she told them they would be a priority on my list without letting me know first. Now Im pissed. This women is a PIA anyhow and will probably be dumped in the near future. So I clean them out after the church.

Fast forward, 830AM sub is off work and starting another church for me. 15 min in he is stuck. Drive over to him and get him out. He is a good friend of mine so we get a good laugh at his expense. He ended up getting stuck 4 more times throughout the day. Had a bunch of one timers call in for a plow but had to turn them down because of their locations and driving time would have killed me!! I hate turning down work!

7PM, sub and I are finishing up the last account, a storage unit. Sub calls me and states he needs some help. So I think hes stuck AGAIN. Pull up to him and notice a large body of red fluid under is front end. Not good! He just got his truck up and running again. I send him on his way, finish the account, check on a couple others and roll in around 830 that night!.

This storm blew, good money was made but now its time to go check over everthing and prep for the next one, possibly without my sub! Thanks for reading I just needed to vent. Hope everyone made some chedder from this storm. The storm itself wasnt all that bad and everthing did get done. Just all of the little problems that occured throughout blew, but I guess shyte happens! Time for a drink!

2. clncut

I must have accidentally posted this twice.
  3. clncut

Thanks for reply. Ill keep you number. My sub is getting the truck looked at tomorrow so hopefully Ill know something soon. Looks like warmer temps and some rain so at least there is a break this week.

TNT, do you have any work on Silhavy? I think Ive seen your truck around.
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2007
  4. rdaily104

rdaily104 Member
    from Indiana

Find out anything about Jeremy's truck yet. Next time make sure you give me call I can help..... Rob
  5. TNT Lawncare

TNT Lawncare Member

I live close to Silhavy and use it all the time so you probably have seen me.