1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Nightmare snowstorm!!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by clncut, Dec 17, 2007.

1. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

Just need to rant here. I will take a 2-4 inch snowstorm over what we had yesterday anytime!!! This may be lenghty to some.

Let me set the stage, Its 2 AM and Im heading out. Didnt measure the snow but there is definately enough to plow. I have a 2 inch trigger on everything. Go outside and its almost white out conditions. Snowing hard and wind is blowing like crazy so Im pumped. Unfortunatley my sub could not get off work till 8Am so Im by myself. Head over to hit the 24 hour gas station and the so called manager tells me his boss is trying to save money and was wants the lot pushed 1 time when its over:eek: I explain to him, weathermen states we could have up to 12 or more inches of snow and I will not push all that at one time. Then I directed him to my contract, signed by the higher ups which CLEARLY states plowing starts at 2" and will be continued every 2" of snow accum. So I ended up plowing the gas station 3 times!:Dpayup. I finish up the gas station and hit a couple of residentials. No problems.
  2. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

sorry for this!?
  3. santelikk

santelikk Member

I live in Lowell but might be able to help you out some times. I plow for the school system in town, but over the holiday break, they won't be a big worry. If you need help give me a call.

My cell 219-794-4896
  4. bulldogs26

bulldogs26 Junior Member

I'm with you thier. Elkhart/Goshen are how about you? Me and my guys were on for 17 hrs (12am to 5:30pm). hit the rack for 5.5 hrs and were plowing again at 2:30. I had to go to work but thier still out now. Hard on me and the guys but great for the check book.

Good luck........ I wish I had some subs up this way.
  5. TNT Lawncare

TNT Lawncare Member

Woohoo, I love money. This was a good one. I slept for 3 hours yesterday afternoon and went back out last night to finish up.
  6. bulldogs26

bulldogs26 Junior Member

Don't get me wrong..... I love the money!!! But I feel like I got my ass kicked. Give me a few days and I'll be ready for it again.