1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Nightmare before halloween

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by tls22, Nov 1, 2011.

1. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Never thought i would ever plow this early and see the amount of tree damage in my area. It was def worse then the hurricane. Really thought it was not going to be a big deal. When the rain change to snow 7 hours earlier then forcast, i knew we would be in for somthing interesting. Keep in mind i was cutting grass the day before and double cutting aloty of lawns......We are also having a very late fall here, so alot of leaves are still on the trees...ended up with 5 inches and lost power for 24 hrs.......glad i did not lose it for longer....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Truck did great, plus my worn out tires seem not to be a problem with the slushy snow and warm ground temps. Blew a headlight out during the night and also a strobe....very annoying to plow with one headlight.....:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

more pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Plowman52

Plowman52 Senior Member
    from Flint

looks like fun....

5. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

damage

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Nice pix Tim :waving:

7. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

more....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Thanks Tom:salute:

9. DodgerFan

DodgerFan Senior Member

Great pic's! I can't believe the trees...we're not talking about some large branches or trees coming down:eek:

10. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

yeah it was def a crazy day...thanks for the comments...

11. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Looking good Tim. sucks when winter comes and the trees arnt ready.

12. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

The last time we got snow here on Halloween was in 1991 I believe... and it was a blizzard, I don't remember it cuz I was only 3 years old!

13. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Looks like mostly Pear trees took the damage. Not surprised as they tend to hold their leaves on the longest.

Wouldn't be surprised if most of them were Bradford Pears.

14. DodgerFan

DodgerFan Senior Member

1991 for Iowa also & it was a Blizzard just nasty with the tree's and Ice on then the snow. Though can't remember how much snow we got. & I was not 3 unfortunatly :)

15. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

I know where that is, lol Union NJ. Not far from me, great pics, Nice truck, How do you like the Fisher V-blade? looks great!

16. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I don't want to here you for the next 5 years telling us about the surprise snow storm of 2011 in NJ!;)

17. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

Must feel wierd plowing snow with green leaves on the trees still.

18. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Timmy figured out that if he took the landscape trailer off first ,he could plow faster.Thumbs Up

19. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Great pics! I see money everywhere!

20. Len90

Len90 Senior Member

Awesome pictures Tim! Good to see you still have the Catena lots out there. Definitely a crazy storm with the cutoff line between rain and snow being right over the area. Did you happen to catch any of the state plowing? Kind of wondering what they used as I don't think many of the state contractors had their plow mounts put on for the season.