1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Mcdunn, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Mcdunn

Mcdunn Junior Member

Hey guys,

New to the site but have been lurking around here for awhile! I was looking into getting some nighthawk lights for my 7'6 Pro Plow *ultramount* and was wondering if there was a special part number that i needed or if they are universal? I have the 4 port isolation module with the three plugs going to the plow itself.

Am i going to be able to run the nighthawk lights?

Thanks for your help guys!

Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  2. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

28800 is the part number for the Nighthawks. You're all set if you've got the 3 plug iso mod setup. If you've got the earlier headgear, you'll have to drill the second hole for the additional mounting stud on the Nighthawks.
  3. Mcdunn

Mcdunn Junior Member

do you mean actual iso mod or do u mean the 3 plugs going to the plow... my iso under the hood has 4 ports on it... but there are three plugs for the plow.
  4. fabcraftinc

fabcraftinc Member

the 28800 will fit both the 3 and 4 port systems. Some of the older upper lift frames only had 1 hole drilled for each of the headlights. The 28800 needs to be mounted with two holes per light. It is easy to drill the additional holes. I believe a 17/32 or 9/16 hole will be big enough.
  5. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Sorry, I wasn't clear... if you have three plugs at the grill for the plow, you're all set.
  6. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Those nighthawks will plug into the three or four port module systems. As cubicinches said the only problem will be for people who have the old style two cable system at the grill because they combine the lights and the controls into one plug. All late model systems with isolation modules have a seperate cable / plug dedicated to the headlamp assembly as you will have.