1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

nighthawk/intense fire lights

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sno commander, Jan 7, 2010.

1. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

so i have been noticing while driving with my plow on at night i seem to be blinding oncoming cars with my nighthawk lights. i have them pointed so i can see well but when i adjust them any lower i cant see much. some cars are flicking there high beams at me when im on low beams. any other guys have this dilema?
  2. ondirtymax

ondirtymax Member

I have had same issue, and all I have are the crappy old trucklite headlights on my plow. Its 'cause plow lights are mounted higher than regular headlights, deceiving to some people.:dizzy: Just flash'em back, they'll get the hint.
  3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Just kick them to the right a little bit. I have the DS aimed slightly right, PS almost straight ahead.
  4. nhpatriot

nhpatriot Senior Member

I second this. When I adjusted mine (aiming them at the garage door) I put the DS a few degrees over, and I have been flashed less since then. I put the Silverstar bulbs in mine, so they are blindingly bright:eek:
  5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I switched my Intensifires over to relays. Added dual burn. Plenty of light now :D