1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Night Sabres, no parking lights

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Erjentplowing, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Erjentplowing

Erjentplowing Junior Member

Hello to all. I'm Confused why I have turn signals but no parking lights. I had this plow setup on my Dodge Ram and converted the whole plow setup over to my 03 2500HD. There were no parking lights on my Ram also, just turns. I've checked the bulbs over and over. I did all the wiring myself. The only thing I can point it to is with the 07116 modules. The harness for the center plug on the modules has a green, yellow, orange and black wire. I've seen some harnesses that also have a red wire that goes to the battery, could this be whats missing? Maybe I can tap into another wire to get power to them?

Thanks for the time :salute:
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The markers are completely separate on each side thus on each light module. Sounds like either they're not even connected to the marker wires on the truck or both modules have the marker light circuits burnt out.

The center port on each module houses the marker wire input. Will be a yellow wire. The marker output from the modules to the plow lamps are in port C and will also be a yellow wire. Easy enough to check for voltage in and out with a test light on each module.
  3. Erjentplowing

Erjentplowing Junior Member

Thanks For the Help B&B! I'll get the test light out and see what I find.
    What gets me is Form 1-757 R4. It shows harness #07609 at connector B to have a red wire that goes to the battery from each module. My Harness does not have that red wire in it. I do have the orange wire that connects both sides and heads to the switch inside the truck. I was thinking that's were the power was missing to the parking lights.
  4. firefighter1406

firefighter1406 Senior Member

If you get the turnsignal and running light wires crossed from the headlight modules to the turn signals, it will also make one or the other work. Have done that a couple times. Just a thought.
  5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Those are the newer style modules. You have the older style so the red wire doesn't apply to you.

Give it the test light treatment and see what you find.