1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Night Sabre on 2000 GMC Problem

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sem, Dec 22, 2003.

1. sem

sem Junior Member

I recently installed a diamond plow on a 2000 GMC, and it came with the night sabre lights. The problem I'm having is with the high and low beams. If I hook up just the low beams everything works fine, except when I'm using the plow lights the highs don't work obviously, and if I hook up just the highs the same except the lows don't work. When I hook up both, when I flick on the highs the lows don't go out, and highs and lows are both stuck on. This happens weather I'm using the truck lights or the plow lights it doesn't matter. It also doesn't matter if I only use one light module or the other or both. At first I thought it could be a ground thing, but since it is doing it on the truck lights too, I'm leaning away from that theory.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. SnowLane

SnowLane Senior Member

It sounds like you have the wrong adapter. If the vehicle is a new body style you will need a 07108 adapter. If it is the old body style you will need a 07104 adapter. The new body style has the day time running lights in the grille instead of the headlights being on in the day time mode.

3. sem

sem Junior Member

That was it. I took it back to the dealer and swapped them and it took care of it.

Thanks