1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

night sabre lights

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by mad69snow, Nov 7, 2007.

1. mad69snow

mad69snow Junior Member

working on a1996 dodge truck. The snow plowlights work fine on the right side but left side plow light is dim and so is is truck headlight with the arness ic connected. please help with any suggestions. Thanks

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Bad ground or hot connection maybe. Try posting in the Meyer plow on the forum above this truck repair section. It may be a problem with the night saber adapters for your brand truck. Some of the guys should know. I would think the ground supply would be the same for the whole light harness. look at all the connectors plugs might have crud.

3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Take a look in your fuse box there two fuses one for each head light.
    Even with a blown fuse it will back feed off of the good light.

4. mad69snow

mad69snow Junior Member

nightsabre lights

The fuse box in the truck or under the hood?

5. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Should say in the owners manual. As far as I know most vehicle makers use self resetting breakers for protecting the headlight circuits. I would look at the grounds and the harness adapter. Look at the wires where they pass through the fire wall. Make sure they are not damaged. Look at all the junction plugs. Put Dielectric grease in them to protect them from moisture and crud. It could even be the light selector switch (truck/plow) in the cab.

6. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

If I remember right it was in the fuse block/panel under the hood.
    The R and L head lights have there own fuse.
    I even replaced the head light first with no results.
    I then found the fuse, blown of course but the light still glowed.