1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Night Sabre light help......

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Killswitch, Oct 30, 2005.

1. Killswitch

Killswitch Senior Member

Ok, I have them and for some reason when they are on low beam, the left light is on high, and the right on low, and when on high beam the left goes to low beam, and the right to high beam.

I have a 99 Dodge ram and I hear theres a special wiring harness for those trucks specifically. Im not sure I have it and or whats causing the problem.

Any ideas before I am forced to take it in to a service center?

Thanks.....I know these sabre lights are rare. Hopefully they will become more widely used and more people will have them figured out.

So they can help idiots like me who dont!

:nod:

2. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

The night sabers are installed on every new meyers unit sold. And they are junk they do not put out enough light to see ****. You have to mount the relays under the hood then plug you wires from the lights in and then put the plug from the relay to your head lights and the hit the switch and the head lights should go off and the plow lights should be on. You have to splice the turn signals into your harness so they work. But it should be pretty simple.

3. Killswitch

Killswitch Senior Member

Were getting it nailed down but its not perfect yet. I did install some sylvania bright white bulbs and they are a lot brighter than stock halogens. If you have them I recommend getting a set.....bout 35 at Murrays.

4. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

You prob have a defective ground......Rob

5. ibelee

ibelee Senior Member

Sabre problems

Glad to know I'm not the only one having problems with these.:eek:
    We repair, install, and refurbish plows on a regular basis and yet we can not get Sabres to work correctly on a consistant basis.
    Today we had 2 trucks sitting side by side. Same year, same make, same model. Wired both the same. One works fine, the other will not allow the high beams to work correctly. Ordered another set of adapters from CPW. $101.00!:yow!: Next, we will change out the Change over modules. It seems like all trial and error.:confused:
    Even the wiring diagrams are vague and come with no trouble shooting info.
    I think there ought to be a Light Sabre Forum.

6. Killswitch

Killswitch Senior Member

No kiddin. Well at this point I have them working on high beam..when I go to low beam I cant remember what happens because it changes.

I swear to god I was at the school adjusting them against a brick wall and as I was adjusting the right lamp....the left lamp went out! :mad:

Then I flip from high to low and I dunno....the right stock headlamp goes out.

Ugh.

Tonite they are back to working on high beams, and the stock lights go out fine when told too by the module, but tomorrow?

Tell you what. If I didnt love the way they look on the truck Id take them off tomorrow and put a set of Hellas on the frame, relay it, and toggle it.

Which is what Im doing if we cant nail this down and make it reliable within two weeks.

7. ISP Plowing

ISP Plowing Junior Member

Just my 2 sense.... I had my Meyer on a Ford F-150, and had the Meyer Light Modules for that truck. When I bought my Chevy I installed the plow, and didn't want to pay $120 for new light modules so I cut the connectors off the modules for the ford lights, and wired up connectors for the chevy headlights. I had no high beam at all and wired everything up right. Turned out to be that the Ford had + Positive Trigger headlights and the Chevy had - Negative Trigger, rewired for that and everything was good.

8. Killswitch

Killswitch Senior Member

Ive got mine seemingly working ok right now but Im not confident until I activate them a hundred times over the course of a week, but I thought of just taking the modules out of the equation.

Hells bells I can turn my stock lights off myself. The truck came with a switch and everything! lol

F'ing things.........I love the bright light bulbs that I installed. Stock watt 55/65 deals but they are better than the stock bulbs that come in the lamps.