1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Night Saber question....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by penberth, Sep 16, 2003.

1. penberth

penberth Member

I bought a used Meyer plow that has "older" looking lights on it.
    I was thinking about upgrading to the Meyer Night Saber lights, but are they worth the cost? From the looks of it, I can get them at Central Parts for $200. Just curious about what people think that have used them. Thanks.

Here are the lights that are on it now:
    [​IMG]

2. beherit316

beherit316 Banned

Hi brian,
    That is a great price to purchase saber lights.I do not have them but am thinking of getting them as well.They have removable light bulbs like the ones on newer vehicles90 and up which are a plus.You can upgrade the lights which are great and they are alot brighter vs standard halogems.Noticed you have only 2 trip springs on your plow, you hould think about adding a 3rd trip spring to that blade .Seeking out someone who knows how to do the modifacations should know how to do it if there is no way you can add a spring at this time.

3. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Hey Brian.

Those look to be a set of BOSS plow lights that you have on your plow. Not the newest of their lights but the ones that they were using just a few years ago. The Nite Sabers are pretty sweet looking lights. They have that Euro diamond cut look. Im sure that they will be a bit brighter since they have so much reflective material around the bulbs. They should be an easy wiring swap if you want to do it.

Jay

4. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

That is a Meyer two meter plow. No need to add another set of srings to it. It is so lightweaight that those springs will be fine.

As for the lights, if they work then why bother?

5. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

We have the nite sayber lights on our meyer. I must say that they are a lot better then the old truck light plowlights we had. it is well worth the upgread to the nite saybers!:)

6. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

i have a meyers with the saber lights they work good i only see one design flaw with them however... they used rivetrs to hold them to the mounting brakets theese rivits are now loose from bouncing around so the light wiggles a little a bit as your driving sometimes it gets real agravating bugs my eyes at night other than that their fine

7. wyldman

wyldman Member

Save your money,and just add a good set of HO Halogens to your existing plow lights.Make sure your connections and wiring are in good shape,and add a relay if neccesary for the lights.Low voltage equals low light output.They will be just as bright as anything else.