1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Night Saber, Like em' or not

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by BillyRgn, Jan 31, 2007.

1. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

Just wondering what everyone out there thinks of the night saber lights, or if you have the same problems that i do. First off i love the way they look, they are definitely the best looking and sleekest plow light on the market, but the way they perform i am not to pleased. So far both of the clear light covers have fallen off in the middle of storms, luckily i always found them, so I silicone'd them back in. also has anyone found better headlight bulbs to put in them so they are brighter ???

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I've had a set on my own truck for 2 year's now and like them very much. I've seen a few lose their lens's but haven't had any problem's with mine. As to brighter bulb's, you can use any HB2/9003 style bulb in the saber's.These are a very common bulb.I have Silvana Silver Star's in mine and there very bright (almost like HID's) and have an excellent beam pattern.

3. I like the lights and how well they work, I just don't care for Meyer plows. I have 2 Meyer plows on an F250, and F350 trucks. They were on there when I bought the trucks, and wasn't going to spend the money for new plows. As far as the lights go, I think they are the best.

4. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

Thanks for the sugestion B&B, i went out this afternoon and got the silverstars, WoW! it's like night and day, I must have had a set of bargain basement lights in there

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Make's quite a difference doesn't it? It's hard to believe that a simple bulb change can make such a difference. I might try them in my truck too sometime.I'm currently running and HB2 conversion kit in it now with 80/100 watt bulb's so I'm not sure if the Silverstar's would make much difference on the truck light's.

6. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

On my other truck, the plow was brand new (2004) and was the MDII, and let me say those night sabres sucked. Two months after I got it, the lights started to wobble around alot and tried to tighten them. Low and behold, the bolt was spinning around inside the light. Had both replaced under warranty, but did it again. On my current truck, the plow was put on the truck in 2000, ez-mount classic, and the night sabres on it are great. They dont wiggle or anything. I do have the silver stars in them and they work great!! I heard that there are 2 different versions of the nite sabre? It seems the newer ones have that same issue with the mounting bolt being junk. Other than that they are good lights.

7. What kind of bolt do they use on the newer style Nite Saber? I used to have the same problem with them wiggling loose, but now that I CRANKED the nut down, they only go out of wack:dizzy: when I trip the blade, REAL hard.

8. friedlerpest

friedlerpest Junior Member

My opinion of the Nite Sabers is that they are junk. I have had two sets start to "wiggle." It wasn't the mounting bolts...the 4 rivets that hold the metal plate to the plastic housing have loosened. Now that the plow is out of warranty, I just live with it.

As far as the quality of the light provided is concerned, it is all about the bulb, I use Sylvania Silver Stars in all of my vehicles.

The only good thing about the Nite Saber is that they are about the best when it comes to the amount of light housing you have to look past to get the job done.