1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Night Saber Lights ?????

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by firefighter1406, Jan 30, 2009.

1. firefighter1406

firefighter1406 Senior Member

I have hooked up all the adaptors and have new modules. When I turn my truck lights on and I flip the plow light switch, the parking lights come on but the plow lights do not. My truck lights are going off like they are supposed to. I took both blubs out but they both look fine, could I have two blow blubs at the same time. Any help would be great.

2. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

it's possible. does anything happen when you flip the high beam switch??

are the lights new, or used??

3. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

Did they send you the correct modules for the truck. Thats what happened to me with my new plow

4. firefighter1406

I assume they are the right modules because the parking lights/turnsignals work. I will have tolookinto that. The high beam does nothing, and they are used, but in good shape.

5. tjctransport

if they are used lights, my money is on bad bulbs. save the ones you have till you know for sure. new bulbs are under $20 for the pair.

6. firefighter1406

I pulled out the bulbs and none of the filaments are burnt out but it could be possible. Where do I get a new set of lights.

7. tjctransport

if they look good, test for power with a test light or volt meter. you can get the bulbs at any good auto parts store. a word of caution. do not touch the glass of the bulb. the oil from your hands will start to burn once you turn the lights on, breaking the glass and ruining the bulbs.

8. fordsuvparts

fordsuvparts Senior Member

I would bet if the bulbs aren't bad that the modules are. I just replaced a set on one of our newer ford trucks. I was told that if you plug and unplug the modules while they have power they can burn out.

9. firefighter1406

The modules are brand new, and I always shut the truck off when I disconnect them.

10. Booman70

Booman70 Senior Member

Are you positive you have the right adapters? I had a similar problem on one of my trucks I had wrong adapters

11. firefighter1406

if you are talking about the adaptors on the headlights, they plug right into my headlights. They are the right shape and have the same amount of prongs. If you are talking about the modules the dealer checked and they said they were right. I have a 99 F-250 Superduty and have the modules part # 07116, is this right?

12. Booman70

Booman70 Senior Member

Yes I was talking about the adapters that plug right into the headlights. I had a set that came off a different year truck same make when I bought my plow used. They plugged right in but were wired different and caused similar problems.

13. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Check the connection at the main plug as well as where the harness from the module out to the main plug. I would also make sure you have a good ground for each of the modules, I ve seen my share of bad grounds or poor connections., also check the Orange wire coming out of the switch out to the modules, bad connetion there would certainly cause your headlamps not to switch over.

Good Luck!

14. firefighter1406

Ok, I redid the grounds and I now get the lights to work. Next problem, the right turn signal flashes opposite to the truck when the left flashes with. And when the running light are on the right one is double bright then the left. It heats up the housing majorly it is so bright, when it is doing this and the turn signal is on the bulb is flashing on the one fiament but the other is burning so bright you can not see it flashing. Any help would be great, you guys have been awesome so far.

15. tjctransport

you have the wires reversed. if memory serves me rite, the green is markers and yellow in blinkers.

16. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Hi

It also sounds like you plugged the right headlamp pigtail into the left side headlamp plug on the main power harness.

17. firefighter1406

You guys have been great. I have everything fixed except one thing. When the left turn signal on the plow lights is one it flashes perfectly, but when I turn the turn signal off and it goes to running lights it is not on. Everything else works great. Could that be a problem in the common wire?