1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Night Saber Lights - Stuck on Brights

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by cayers001, Nov 25, 2007.

1. cayers001

cayers001 Junior Member

Installed a Meyer EZ mount w/ night saber lights on my 2004 GMC Sierra. The plow was removed from a 2001 Chevy when I bought it. Plow works great.

Installed the light modules, wired everything and I can switch back and forth between the truck and plow lights. However, the lights are stuck on brights - in either truck or plow mode.

Had this same setup on a 1994 Chevy and it did the same thing. I unplugged the bright connectors and lived with brights on truck only.

Need help - Anyone see this before?

BTW - I have bypassed the DRL module and still has same problem.

2. cog-1

cog-1 Senior Member

Are you sure everything is wired right? We had issues with a truck with the sabres on it because they put the wrong wiring harnesses on the headlights...

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Your have the wrong head light adapters, 99-02 are different than 03-up.

99-03 use: 07108
    03-up use: 07400

If you don't need the aditional DRL module that comes with both these adapter sets..instead of ordering the 07400, order a 07104. They are the same adapters but without the DRL module in the kit.

4. cayers001

cayers001 Junior Member

Not sure which harness I have. Plow was installed on a 2001 when I bought it. I've installed this setup on a 1994 and now my 2004 Sierra and same problem. I assumed that the 01 and 04 were same harness and my problems would be solved once installed on the newer truck.

Was there a different harness for the 98 and before?

I have the DRL module for the current setup. Are all the DRL modules the same?

Thanks for the help...

5. daveintoledo

daveintoledo Senior Member
    from nw ohio

question for you..

when the lights are stuck on high, are all 4 of the lights on , or just the outside two?

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Makes perfect sense then. You swapped this from an 01 to a 94, then to an 04. The 94 and 04 can use the same adapters but the 01 is different. That's why they didn't work correctly on your 94 either since you've been using the 01 adapters since you first had the plow.

7. cayers001

cayers001 Junior Member

When everything is hooked up, all four lights are on constant.

Thanks for the info B&B - I will get the 07104 harness and see if it's cured.

Will the DRL module from the 01 work with the 07104 harness?

Anyone recommend a good internet retailer for these harness kits?

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yep.. your only changing the harness's between the modules and the truck lights anyway. The DRL's are a separate system on the truck and they work through the plow lights, so the adapters don't affect DRL function.

Click on the Central Parts (CPW) link at the top of any page here..

9. daveintoledo

daveintoledo Senior Member
    from nw ohio

Thank You...

i thought that sould be the case, my new plow just installed, with brights on, only the two outside lights come on..... ill call them...

B&B,,,,, seems like you really know this stuff, thank you for all your contributions....