1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

night saber light question

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by guff1972, Mar 23, 2007.

1. guff1972

guff1972 Junior Member
    from kansas

I have the lights on an 02 gmc 2500hd. Right now the drivers side light on the truck is on and the passenger side light on the plow is on, when I turn the switch on for the plow lights its the opposite. I am not sure where the problem might be, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Brian
  2. gseinc57

gseinc57 Junior Member

whenever weird things happen on an electric system alot of the times its due to a back feed, which means normally power is supplied to a given wire to light a circut or turn somethig on or whatever and when that circut burns out for whatever reason the power can backfeed looking for a ground and cause all sorts of problems, chaseing your tail looking for ghost, first check all the fuses involved with your plow lights and or truck head lights, with a test light, not by looking, as just looking does not always show you a burnt fuse but the test light does not lie, power is going thru the fuse or its not, next make up 2 jumper wires about 5 feet long each and run one to ground and the other to the vechicle battery postive terminal or any good 12 volt source, and seperate out each light on the truck and the plow by unplugging each and testing each light seperately, sort of like bench testing each,, my guess is you will find one of the lamps not working or a blown fuse, in either case repair and reassemble and retest and all should be good, be sure to repost and let us know if that cured your problem

Greg, Boise Idaho
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2007
  3. Whip

Whip Member

It could be the daytime running light module. Your daytime lights are through the headlights correct?
    And, did they work fine before then just start doin this all of a sudden?
  4. guff1972

guff1972 Junior Member
    from kansas

the drl seem to be working properly , the problem i think is with the regular light
  5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

First thing to do is check the ground wire on each one of the light modules as it sounds like a ground problem.You can also swap the modules side to side to see if the affected lights switch sides too. This will eliminate the modules as the problem which can and do go bad fairly often and will cause the problems your experiencing.
  6. apik1

apik1 Senior Member

You have the Y splitter reversed on one side. The light bulb clip for the plow lite is on the truck bulb. Just reverse one side.