1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

night saber light problem

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by plowman2, Jan 30, 2007.

1. plowman2

plowman2 Member

Anyway to tell if module is bad? I have one light that is dim on drivers side. Acts like a bad ground but though maybe it was a module check the ground coming off it seemed ok turn signal went dim when I disconnected it. Any help would be greatful. Whats the modules act like when they go bad? Is dim only on high beam. Low beam works fine. Trucks regular lights work ok to when plow lights are off.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2007
  2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

If your change over module is bad, they usually have a burnt smell to them. I guess there is some kind of internal fuse inside of them. The outside is supposed to act like some sort of heat sink. Best thing to do is take it off and look and see if there is any bubbles in the plastic, or melting. Second is smell it to see if it smells burnt. That is what I did to find out what was wrong with mine.

3. plowman2

plowman2 Member

Did the light work when yours went out

Did your light work or was it dim like mine is when your module went bad.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The easiest way to test the module's is to swap them side to side and see if the problem swap's side's too.

5. friedlerpest

friedlerpest Junior Member

When a light module goes bad, the lights are dead on the plow and the truck. The way to determine if a module is bad is to take the plow out of the loop by plugging the the head light bulb directly back into the wiring harness of the truck, if it works it may be the module.

Now check your headlight adapter harness. They are notorious for losing continuity due to corrosion. If all looks well go on to the module test, if not replace the headlight adapter harness (this is the harness that plugs into the truck headlight wiring harness, the module and the plow headlight harness.) They usually run about $55.00 for a set of 2. If you replace your headlight wiring harness be sure that you put dielectric grease in the plugs to stop corrosion.

Once you have done this, with the plow lights on remove the middle (B) plug from the module and put a test light to the orange wire, if it has power at the plug you've got a blown fuse in the module and it will need to be replaced. Usually about $130.00 for a set of 2.

If you don't have power at the orange wire then there is most likely a problem in the wiring harness between the plow light switch in your cab and the modules. Somewhere near the front of the truck, there will be a "Y" in the wire coming from the cab to the modules, it may be corroded. in that case just cut it out and reconnect it.

Hope this helps.