1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Night Saber Adjustment

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by BigDBoots, Jan 18, 2011.

1. BigDBoots

BigDBoots Senior Member

I purchased a used set of Night Saber 1's with my lift frame (free add on). Although the lights work, nice and bright, one problem: The angle of the light pod is too low to "see" over the plow when lifted. Came home from my real job and attempted to remove them from their mount to inspect things butttttttttt the 3/4 nut continues to just spin on both pods. Any advice/info I am missing???
  2. BigDBoots

BigDBoots Senior Member

3. kenmaxwell2

kenmaxwell2 Junior Member

i have has this happen to two sets no matter what i did i couldnt adjust them
    had to buy a new light if you find a solution let me know cause i sure couldnt figure one out
  4. Booman70

Booman70 Senior Member

I was able to jam a screwdriver in mine to hol the bolt so I could unscrew them make sure you put rust penetrant on em to. After I got them out was able to press the bracket that holds the bolt back around the bolt enough to stop it from spinning when I put them back on also put some never seize on the threads so wouldnt happen again
  5. jimmyg1622

jimmyg1622 Junior Member

I just had that problem I ended up using a nut splitter to get the nuts off and then took them in the garage and welded the bolt to the mount on the light. The reason this happens is they use a carriage bolt instead of a fixed bolt, so it tends to wear out the bracket. I haven't had any problems since and I saved $300.00
  6. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

Use a cutoff wheel or sawzall to cut a slot in the end of the bolt, then you can use a flat screwdriver to hold it while you loosen the nut.
  7. nightwalks

nightwalks Member

The issue with welding the bolts in place is that you loose the vertical ability to adjust them (since the bolt can't rock anymore) I was able to cut mine off with a nutbreaker and tap down the bent-up mounting plate enough to hold the bolt from further spinning....I used some never-seize lube and got some new nuts and worked them around a few times while holding the upper thread area with vise-grips....then mounted them with the new nuts finger tight, drove the truck to a large lot at night (with the plow UP) and tightened them in place while aiming them properly...been nice and focused ever since.