1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Night plowing 3ft deep snow, 4ft plus drift, short video

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by stargazer, Feb 26, 2011.

1. stargazer

stargazer Member

This is from last night. Yes, I'm plowing through 3ft plus of snow. The clearance marker on the plow stands over 4 1/2 ft. above the ground with the plow down all the way. (I get tired of videos of 2 inches of snow, which I don't bother to plow. But, if I did, I could plow it with a pushbroom mounted on a VW bug!)

Had to stop filming and use two hands. I stopped plowing and filmed a huge drift lying lengthwise down the road, before attempting to plow through it.

I have gotten stuck doing that and had the snow drifting in behind me almost faster than I could shovel, and I was shoveling for my life!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9v59DG3vA

2. starc

starc Senior Member

That must have been quite the job...very cool video really enjoyed wathching it, thanks

3. jjklongisland

jjklongisland Senior Member

So did ya get through the drift??? Nice vid... 3 ft has to feel overwhelming...

4. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

nice video :drinkup:......but the music made me throw up a bit in my mouth:help:

Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
  5. stargazer

stargazer Member

I'll take that as a positive comment, you did not throw up on your keyboard! :dizzy:

I didn't notice at the time, but when I watched the video I noticed them singing "wild wind blowing" during the drifting action, and 'life in his hand" while I'm worrying that I need two hands to keep from getting in big trouble. Thought that was cool, but I don't choose the song, it's on shuffle.

On another vid I posted here (http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=119433), another Nick said he'd shoot himself if he had to listen to that music. Hey, I have an eclectic mix, something for most, different style every song. Others really liked the music. The night in question I noticed that Mozart grated on my nerves, had to hit skip on him twice.

6. stargazer

stargazer Member

Yeah, went right through no trouble, and with lots of good adrenaline rush. I did need both hands. After seeing the video and comparing the snow to the height of my plow edge as it cut, I was underestimating the depth. That's good, I don't like all the over-estimates I see on you tube, like 2ft when you can see it's about 6 inches.

I like to see videos where the equipment is showing what it can do. My wife can sweep 2 inches of fluff with a broom.

Thank you for watching and commenting. I really enjoy watching equipment proving itself, and I guess I really enjoy watching snow getting moved.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
  7. The PuSher MaN

The PuSher MaN Senior Member

Please the crowd next vid and play something country......

8. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

We understand - you think 2" is nothing. A real man only plows 3' :rolleyes:

9. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

I feel sorry for the truck.

10. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

cool vid, but i dont know how you plow to that music... I would be out like a light in 2 seconds.. :sleeping:

11. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

haha nice video...i love the adrenaline rush ya get whern your going through a big drift like that

12. treesnsnow

treesnsnow Member

that is some hell of a job damn that is a lot of snow

13. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

I'd pick up my gun and shoot myself 1st. Needs some ACDC, Stones, Prodigy, Chemical Brothers and Groove Armada to name a few.