1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Night Hawks

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by ChevyHDkid45, Nov 29, 2008.

1. ChevyHDkid45

ChevyHDkid45 Member

I have a 2002 2500HD with a unimount. I am looking to put a set of nighthawks on it. Is this possible? If so what do i need to do?

2. snerdy

snerdy Member

New harness and bracket mod.

Find out what control module you have and buy the appropriate control harness. There may be some wiring to do to your parking lights, and the nighthawks have two mounting studs instead of one, so some modification to the headlight frame is necessary.

3. ChevyHDkid45

ChevyHDkid45 Member

When they i bought the wiring harness it did not have the isolation module do i need that for the nighthawks? Or can it be by passed

4. snerdy

snerdy Member

Look under the hood and see if you have a douglass dynamics isolation module, the little black box that controls your lights, and get that number.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

No Isolation system on the Uni's. They were all relay setups. ;)

6. ChevyHDkid45

ChevyHDkid45 Member

so theres no way to put the nighthawks for the unimount wiring with he relay?

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sure you can still do it. Just use the existing wiring harness on the plow side and tie it into the new lights.

Being a Uni you'll also need to fab up some type of new mounting brackets as the Uni light brackets are not spacious enough to directly mount the Night Hawks onto. Have to first weld on some additional material..or start with a new set of light mounts from scratch.

8. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

Western makes brackets for this application. Just bought some myself, cost $58. #28340 Headlamp Extension Bracket Kit.

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

They sure do but you can fab it up for considerably less. :)