1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Night Hawks Question

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by igloo_kid, Dec 17, 2010.

1. igloo_kid

igloo_kid Junior Member

I have a 8.5' MVP Plus with the new Night Hawk lights and noticed that my light beams shake quite a bit (in the dark) on every little rut in the road and every little bump, The lights are torqued to the right specs and my lights don't make any noise when going over bumps. They just shake to the point to where they almost want to flicker. I have a few friends with the same plows and lights and when I ride in their trucks, their lights don't shake nothing like mine. Any thoughts?

2. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

maybe something loose on the inside

3. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

Are they 2 screws on the back or 3?

4. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Maybe the bracket the light are mounted on might be loose or crack somewhere..

5. igloo_kid

igloo_kid Junior Member

There are two screws on the back of the light. The brackets both look strudy and strong from the outside but haven't taken the back cover off to see how it looks on the inside yet.

6. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

The 2 screw lights are really flimsy, they had issues with those snapping. They could just be weak. Keep an eye on them incase the casing snaps

7. Elite Property Services

Elite Property Services Senior Member

Mine do the same thing. It is very annoying.

8. igloo_kid

igloo_kid Junior Member

Hey Abbe, are the 3 screw lights a new version and better? Do I have to get all new lights to have the upgraded version, or can I just order a few parts? I took the back covers off the lights and noticed that nothing was wrong or broken. Maybe it's just me.

9. igloo_kid

igloo_kid Junior Member

Hey Elite, your lights shake too? Or you mean the covers are snapping? Thanks for the info guys, I sure appreciate it.

10. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

Well I got a set of new fisher intensifier lights for mý xbalde, same lights as nighthawks and mine are three screws. They seem to have a slight shake or vibration but nothing that bothers me. Someone on here had posted about how the 2 screw housing didn't hold up. Supposedly the 3 screws are better. Once again, supposedly. As far as ordering I have absolutely zero clue lol. Only reason I upgraded from traditional light was because a buddy gave me a good deal.

11. Elite Property Services

Elite Property Services Senior Member

Yes my lights shake too no breakage