1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Night hawk

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by the_mayor, Dec 3, 2007.

1. the_mayor

the_mayor Senior Member

I tried to have my 2004 ultra V switched over from the stock lights to the night hawk lights. here's the problem. The dealer said the way the plow was hooked up in 04' the night hawks can't be installed. All the controller hook-ups run through the same wire harness the lights are in, and with the night hawks, the controller is hooked with it's own plug. Heres my question. Is there a way to hook up the lights without rewiring the plow? I was thinking, splice the night hawks in to the old lights wiring.

2. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I think your dealer is full of it.

I converted my old style 04 MVP to the nighthawks w/o any problem, they hook right up and no mods necessary.

3. the_mayor

the_mayor Senior Member

How many plugs do you hook up when you put your plow on? 2 or 3?

4. OneBadDodge06

from Iowa

3 plug with the old lights and 3 plug with the new lights

5. the_mayor

the_mayor Senior Member

See, that's the problem. Mine is a 2 plug hook up. 1 plug is the main power, and the other powers the headlights and plow controls together.
    They want another $500 to rewire the truck to a 3 plug!

6. OneBadDodge06

from Iowa

Bummer.....I'm still confused cuz i thought all the ultra mvp's had 3 plugs. All mine do.

I know on the mvp plus they went with two plugs.

What am I missing? I don't understand it.:confused:

7. the_mayor

the_mayor Senior Member

I don't know, that's just how they did it. I gotta tell you though, I'm kinda pissed.

8. OneBadDodge06

from Iowa

Yeah I'd be a little on the livid side myself.

9. loufontana4

loufontana4 Junior Member

nighthawks

I Just Converted My Ultramount 2 Wire System To The Nighthawks. You Need Harness Adapter #29033 From Western. Adapter From Centralparts $40.00. The Directions In The Package Tell You Exactly How To Convert. It Took Me About 30 Minutes. I Can Fax You The Direction If You Need Them.

10. the_mayor

the_mayor Senior Member

Any way to email them to me? I don't have a fax.

11. loufontana4

what is your email address.

12. the_mayor

the_mayor Senior Member

I don't think I'm aloud to give out my email on this site, so give me a call @ 774-8983, and i'll tell you over the phone. I'm just over the bridge from you. Thanks, John

13. loufontana4

I'll Call You Today.