1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Night hawk lights on a MVP

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Rumble, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Rumble

Rumble Member

I have a MVP plow with the old style head lights. Can I purchase the new Night hawk style headlights and swap out the old ones. The plow is a three plug set up and has the Iso box. It is only 2 years old. The tower part where the lights mount has the two holes in it for the new style head light. My main concern is that it is a direct swap out and that I do not have to cut and splice wires. Plug and play would be nice.

Thanks for the help

Tim

2. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

The 3 plug plows have one plug dedicated to the lights (11 pin i believe) so all you have to do is bolt on the new ones, they are a stand alone unit with their own plug. I was thinking of making the swap myself, let us know how they look!

3. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

Definitely worth the swap and $$$. no splicing or cut needed. direct bolt on and plug. I did it to mine and could believe how nice these lights performed. Good luck!

4. Rumble

Rumble Member

I will let you know I got a set off ebay. As soon as there here I will put them on and let you know what I think

5. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

sounds good...i just switched from parking lots to roads with very little lighting, so im thinking about going for them....let us know!

6. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Could I do this with a Unimount plow as well? If so I may be interested in it. How much do a set of the lights cost?

7. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

for a unimount you will have to make extensions for the light brackets, because the nighthawks have 2 mounting bolts. If it is a 2 plug style (not converted to the new 3 plug isolation module style) you will need to cut and splice wires. These lights seem to run in the low to mid $200 range, depending on where you get them.

8. Rumble

Rumble Member

Got the new lights put them on today. Just came in fron adjusting them and taking a ride.

Awesome difference. Really glad I did this super easy install.

Tim