1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Night hawk light pics

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by M&M Services, Sep 1, 2006.

1. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

Here are some pics of the Night Hawk plow lights from Western, I put them on my pro plus! They are larger in size, brighter, two moutning bolts, plug and play install...pics kind of stink, but i couldnt move the plow out....They are worth the $$ I got mine for $180 from auto truck

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2006
  2. PaleRider

PaleRider Senior Member

Night Hawk Upgrades

:waving: M&M,
    I'd like to upgrade my plow lights. I called my local Western dealer with wiring harness quoted my $350.payup Is auto truck online? so I can check thme out?

Thanks,
    Palerider :gunsfiring:

3. ChevyHD4X4

ChevyHD4X4 Senior Member

http://www.autotruck.com/

4. M&M Services

from midwest

$350 is way high around here is around 220-260...I sent a pm...

5. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

I just got my lights yesterday. I went to a dealer who is very expensive. I went to them because I needed new cotter pins for my plow. They had them in stock for $1. While there I noticed they had 3 boxes with $242. on them. The dealer I got the plow quoted me $245. I figured let me see if i can talk them down a bit. I ended up get quoted $217. so I said lets do it but let me get my resale cert so you don't charge me tax.... 5 minutes later I was out the door with my 14 pound box.

I couldn't wait to install them. Took me about 1/2 hour. I thought of taking install pics but it was so easy you really don't even need the instructions. I did notice the new wiring harness does not have a ground wire.

It's raining today but I will probly hook up the plow Saturday and adjust the lights. Actually I got my Timbrens in so I might just wait till I install those first in case they affect the ride height with the plow raised...

6. M&M Services

from midwest

When I installed mine I wondered where the ground wire was...Guess the new lights don't need one....you got a good deal on those light...They are awesome you are going to like them

7. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

A wire in the harness must be a ground. It can't depend on the frame because it is painted. The housing looks a bit cheaper made then the older style. I never worried about the older housings getting hit and cracking in the cold. Hopefully these can withstand an occasional rock being kicked up from a tractor trailer on the highway..... Yep,.. that happened to me last year but nothing happened to the lights. Not even a scratch.

8. M&M Services

from midwest

I think they will be ok,,,they are much larger than the original lights...We shall see.//It better snow here this year payup

9. db27

db27 Member

lights

Those are the same lights that came with my new fisher mm2 .
    The price from my local fisher dealer was 162.17payup
    martys inc.
    kingston ma.

10. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Got mine last week. Paid $220 for them and worth every penny!! Putting them on is a snap and they really light things up!:D

11. M&M Services

from midwest

They are worth the money!...vast improvement over the last...