1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Nicks in Ram on angle cylinders...leaks???

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by leadfooter, Dec 9, 2008.

1. leadfooter

leadfooter Member
    from Midwest

I have an old (20-30yr) E-47 set up and it leaks between the ram/cylinder slide point.. I believe these seal are replaceable but the rams are very nicked up. I am wondering .....
    1. Is there a better alternative such as buying completly new cylinders or rams ???
    2. Can the rams be sanded abit or remove nicks ??
    3. Would something from a Tractor Supply or Northern be a good replacement and cheaper... If so can somone what kind of PSI do i need for these ?
    4. I only use this truck maybe 5 times a year to plow my driveway but am sick of fluid leaking out....would just replacing the seal take care of it for a few more years or not ??
    Thanks

Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  2. AHammen

AHammen Member

If the rams are nicked up bad putting new seals in won't fix the problem, the rams will just tear up the new seals. Your best bet is to buy new cylinders. Depending on the size of your plow the cylinders can be pretty cheap, I've seen the 1.5x10 cylinders brand new for $60 a piece.

3. leadfooter

leadfooter Member
    from Midwest

Thanks AJ
    Where can I find them that cheap??
    Appreciated

Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  4. AHammen

AHammen Member

I'm looking at an Angelos catalog right now and from them they are $74.99 (sorry little more then $60). www.angelos-supplies.com is their website. This was for a 1.5x10. Make sure you know what size you need. A commercial duty plow uses a 1.5x12.

5. sefh

sefh Senior Member

I would save the headache of rebuilding and just buy new. If they are as old as the plow they have served their time. Angelos is very good and quick. Check out Central Parts Warehouse. Click on the link from this site.