1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Nich Landscaping Snow Division

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by pjnlandscape, Dec 25, 2010.

1. pjnlandscape

pjnlandscape Member

Here is my 2009 Super Duty ready for the 6"-12" storm headed to Massachusetts tomorrow morning. Merry Christmas to all of us pushing snow in Mass! Finally a real storm...

plow 1.jpg

plow 2.jpg
  2. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

Nice truck
    im all ready to
  3. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck! Good luck with it tomorrow!
  4. cat10

cat10 Senior Member

nice truck all i gotta do is put the plow on in the am

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

looking good. im ready for some snow too
  6. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Looks like a great setup. What motor is in the Super Duty?
  7. pjnlandscape

pjnlandscape Member

The truck is a 5.4L Triton V8. I am a huge Powerstroke fan but I am 18 years old and an extra 8K for a powertrain and another buck a gallon for fule just was not right for me. So far the V8 has plenty of power so I am very, very happy with it! Good Luck to everyone out working tomorrow!
  8. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

wow that truck is black....... first one i've seen that i like that style headlight in though :D

may the snow gods smile on you :D
  9. DrakeSabitch

DrakeSabitch Senior Member

sick truck man. plow looks awesome with the all black truck. i go to salem state. ill be plowing in chelmsford though, have fun tonight, we needed this big one.
  10. XxChevy-HDxX

XxChevy-HDxX Senior Member
    from Mass

11. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

Great looking truck! Good luck this storm you guys are expecting. We had 8 inches this morning in parts of the Chicago area, just got home and ready to count the money! payup
  12. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

What wheel and tire combo are you running? I have been thinking about getting a set of black wheels for mine. Let me know how they hold up this winter.
  13. pjnlandscape

pjnlandscape Member

Just got back in from round one here plowing driveways. This is my first time plowing with the new truck and she is a BEAST!

The rims are 17 inch American Racing "Artillery" ATX series Teflon coated rims and the tires are 265/70/R17 BF Goodrich Rugged Trails. The tires are a little wimpy for my taste as far as size and appearance of the tread. But another $1000 on top of the $800 I spend on the wheels wasn't sounding like music to my ears. I would like to go with a Mud Terrain tire next time! I have seen a few other guys running ATX series wheels on the site so I hope they hold up for everyone!

And by the way if I could go back and do it all over again I would get 20" wheels and bite the bullet on the bigger tires!

Good luck and be safe everyone!
  14. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

the larger the tire and knobbier you go the worst the traction you will get in the snow. Skinny tires with lots of channels works best for pushing snow. Large voids in the tire make for worse traction imo. Truck looks great.have a good one.
  15. pjnlandscape

pjnlandscape Member

I never thought of that...Thanks maybe All Terrains would be the better choice, more aggressive look but still mostly channels not nobs.

Just got in from round two on the driveways and it is crazy on the roads right now...
  16. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

You have to get some day pics up! I want to see those wheels better.
  17. pjnlandscape

pjnlandscape Member

18. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Pics look great, I like the enclosed. I bet you love getting in the Ford coming from that little S-10. I see your truck is an XL, do they come with any power options or trailer brake?
  19. PrimoSR

PrimoSR Senior Member

Looks good, did you pay cash or what? I hope you didn't get a loan for that thing.
  20. pjnlandscape

pjnlandscape Member

My truck is the very base level XL, no power windows or locks (more to break if you ask me). However there is an upgrade package for like $600 that gives you power windows and locks. I just got a great deal on that truck as a leftover and did not want to wait to see if anything with that package showed up on the dealer lot. Love at first sight I gotta have that truck type thing lol. (I was just trying to escape from my S-10 the tranny was going). And I do have integrated trailer brakes and the 4 built in uppfitter switches, I would never go without either of those.