1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Nice to see you guys all work together!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Crazygator, Jan 30, 2003.

1. Crazygator

Crazygator Member
    from TN

Yes I am new to plowsite. And yes we do not have much snow in Tennessee.

But I would like to say its so nice to see all here offer to help with anything and anytime. Especially when someone is down and they need a subcontractor or something like this. I only wish our area would act this way with the lawn biz.

All here should give yourselves a big pat on the back. What a cool environment to see everyone working together, and for the other guy as well. This is the way its supposed to be with large and small companies. Good going guys and gals!

Congratulations for plowsite members! :drinkup:
  2. Grshppr

Grshppr Senior Member

Well said. :drinkup: This site is awesome! Why should everyone be cut-throat and competetive, there is enough work to go around!
  3. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

Thanks, but give it time! The $hit hits the fan every once in a while!:D :D

But seriously, this IS a great site!!

4. jbutch83

jbutch83 Senior Member

I have to say, that I would not be able to do the job that I am doing now without this sight. This is my first year plowing professionally, and I have got a wealth of information from this site. I can say, that most of the other plowers in my town are a great bunch of people, they even helped me and my partner when we had some unexpected breakages. Although, we have one guy that it new in town, that came from a county over, that is trying to take people's business. He has even gone to the point of going in and telling business's that their regular plower has gone out of business, and he is taking over. This guy has already got two contracts in town this way. We are watching out for him, his day will come. Keep up the great work guys and gals.

5. Crazygator

Crazygator Member
    from TN

Please keep in mind I have been with lawnsite for a while, and some other forums as well.

I do understand the stuff hitting the fan. Just as long as the fan is not plugged in.....LOL!
  6. mulchmonkey2000

mulchmonkey2000 Senior Member

This site and lawnsite have helped me out so much. Good job guys.:waving: :drinkup:
  7. greenquestlawn

greenquestlawn Senior Member

Hey Gator, Nice to see you here, I like this site as well.:drinkup:
  8. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Regarding your competitor stealing accounts, sounds like a good time to give your accounts a call or a letter, just to touch base, make sure the job your doing is satisfactory, ask if anything else you could be doing, etc. Lets them know your still around, never hurts to show your face during business hours, then they know who it is that takes care of them.

Sorry to read about your movie rental place:rolleyes:

Our only problem with accounts so far this year has been a little church that we had been told by the pastor to plow, evidently, someone else was instructed to plow, and had several times when it was done by us, and other times done by someone else who must have underbid us. We were doing it pretty cheap anyway, so no big loss.

I am not too far from you, I do some accounts in St Joe, MI

9. jbutch83

jbutch83 Senior Member

Regarding the stolen accounts, this happened to another plower in town, one that was taken was not plowed yet during a large storm, they got busy with the other ones, and this guy snuck in. The other one, the account called for a certain amount of salt, and the stealer sat there and watched them load a certain amount of salt in the spreader. He then went in and talked to the manager, and told them that they were not using the correct amount of salt. So far, all of my accounts are happy, I speak with them on a regular basis, at least once a week. Even had one tell me that someone else stopped in and asked about plowing, (I think it is the same guy) and the manager told them that he was not interested, that he had a contract and was very happy with our service. Even the video place is happy with our work, the manager is the one that calls the shots, but she does not have the authority to sign the checks.

10. windmill

windmill Senior Member

Sounds like a wife except the check thing:D