1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Nice to have nice people in this world

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by scooled101, Dec 22, 2008.

1. scooled101

scooled101 Senior Member
    from midwest

So I went to plow this farm houses driveway got there and it was drifted over really bad about 3 foot of snow layered like a cake ice and snow about 4 times so i started to plow and ended up getting myself high centered everybody knows how much fun that is. A guy down the road heard me trying to get out and came down to help me out and he also had a plow so we started bsing a little bit nice guy. So he got me out and he asked if I minded if he hit the big drifts for me I had no problem so we got all finished and the owner of the farm went to pay us and the guy in the other truck insisted no money but we know how elders are they insist so the guy took we started walking away and the guy folds the money up hands it to me and says I didnt come hear to make any money or step on anybodys toes I was kinda blown away you dont find to many people like this anymore. All in all just wanted to say again there are some real nice people in this world still

2. rbergevine

rbergevine Member

Well said. Return that favor to others as you go forward in life. Karma.
    I regularly stop and help clear drives/banks,etc for folks along my routes.
    It is good to GIVE. Peace.

3. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

money comes and gos but good people are hard 2 find

4. scooled101

scooled101 Senior Member
    from midwest

for me to go out and help these people out the money was just a great gesture they had called me and were not able to get out of there house for a whole day and woul dhave been longer but I couldnt let that happen and I was more than happy to give this other driver some money for helping out. The driver tells me I am sure there are some people out that are stuck in the ditch somewhere and you seem like the type of person that helps to get them out. he read me like a book because i usually try and hit a few of the back roads around here because a lot of older folks get stuck a lot, so Again if you give a little you can get a little.

And to think yesterday morning the wife and I had a talk about giving up the plow buisness because we had problems with everything we own but I stuck with it fixed most of my stuff and its turning out good.

5. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Yesterday I was out and saw a young kid and a guy shoveling out the kids dodge ram, so I stopped and said do you need a plow. He said no, just trying to get this kid unstuck. I was like, let me clear the snow out of the way for ya, no charge. So I plowed it out of the way and helped push him out. Took me 10 mins but saved them an hours worth of work.

A couple hours later I saw a volvlo stuck at the bottom of her driveway so I asked if she needed a push. I pushed her out and then plowed the bank out of her path. As I was leaving she said she only had 16 dollars on her and asked if I wanted it. I said no, you are all set, dont worry about it.

So I made 2 people happy with good kharma yesterday.

6. Dodge318

Dodge318 Junior Member

I do three elderly neihbors driveways and walks at no charge everytime I'm out. The ladies always make me cookies and the man brings a case of beer by every once in a while.

7. scooled101

scooled101 Senior Member
    from midwest

Nice job guys glad to hear there are even people on this board that can look past a dollar sometimes maybe we can keep this thread going or start a new kne to hear about helping others this time of year.

I also have people that are on ssi that cannot afford much so I as well get some good home made cookies and pies yumm haha

8. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

Last year during one of our big storms i plowed the end of a street so a Euclid Cop could get out of the street. He was trying for about 15 minutes while i was plowing the post office one or two shops away from the street he was on. There are many times i will clean out someones apron, if the weather is really bad, and i am not behind.