1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

nice start

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowman55, Dec 24, 2009.

1. snowman55

snowman55 PlowSite.com Addict

1000pm I pull my 2007 avalanache w/7.5 snoway out of shop and pull in another truck for a truck check. go outside 5 min later and my trucks gone -stolen!! call onstar they call cops- 3 way phone call cop agrees when they locate it they will call after its deemed safe and let me pick it up as its 1 of my plow trucks. 20 min later mpls cop calls and says he impounded it. I go to impound they say you have to wait till tomorrow. I call mpls cops and am told tough you have to wait. Now I'm not sure who I'm more pissed at the thief or the cops and city. way to help out small business and communitie during blizzard.

r.t. your city sucks!!!!!!!!!
  2. nh785

nh785 Member

dude that sucks i'll make sure to stay in st. paul next time I'm there
  3. snowman55

yeah do that the only reason the ***** impounded it i'm sure is city policy to generate revenue so yeah spend money in suburbs or st. paul instead. I'll never eat out or shop in mpls again.
  4. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

Yep had it happen in harvey,IL. Found my car then impounded it. tow yard closed weekends. go monday have to show proof of insurance. They call insurance agent to verify coverage. Card isn't proof at the impound lot but is when you are stopped by police. State farm is closed for the holiday can't release car. Go back tuesday get car $250 for tow then $35 a day for storage. Get robbed twice.
  5. snowman55

at this point I don't even care about the cost I need my truck in service 6+ on the ground already with 12 more coming
  6. tattood_1

tattood_1 Member

It's nothing but a racket. Sometimes the goverment is the bigger thief except they will rob you legally. It's like your getting punished right along with the thief for getting your truck stolen. It's not right.
  7. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

good luck man. you can pick it up somtime today though right?
  8. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Pick it up and trade it in, I wouldn't be able to drive a truck I knew was stolen. You never know who did what to it.
  9. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

Very true, I bought a truck in March, buddy was a jerk who I bought it off of, ruined the truck for me. Sold it in October...
  10. WGLand

WGLand Junior Member

Ain't that the truth. Every time I pay myself my salary I get robbed!
  11. briggsguy17

briggsguy17 Member
    from NW PA

Did you ever think that maybe they found something in the truck that they need to have the crime scene folks look at or recover? You leave the keys in your truck in a major metro area, it gets stolen, the police recover it, impound it and your pissed at them.:dizzy::dizzy: I am sure that once you discovered it missing you called the police and demanded that the perps be charged with everything possible. Well, newsflash, they have to gather and collect evidence in order to ensure a conviction. It never ceases to amaze me that people, through their own stupidity, become victims of crime and somehow turn it around on the police???
  12. snowman55

minneapolis hardly collects evidence in a murder it being impounded had nothing to do with evidence. I had onstar tell the police where it was 6 miles away parked in residential neighborhood. I talked to the cop and was told they would secure the area and call me to pick it up.leaving keys in a truck in a fenced in area with 6 employees walking in and out as we set up for an event hardly seems like an invite for larceny. I don't blame the police for the theft. i blame city policy for scewing anyone they can to increase revenue.
  13. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

MPLS and Hennepin County are the suxor. I try to stay out of the juristiction of the Met Council. Crime pretty much stops outside of that border.