1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Nice rig I saw while driving

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by SullivanSeptic, Dec 8, 2009.

1. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

Here is a pic of a nice rig I saw while driving. I'm looking to get myself into the same thing next year. Just have to build up the funds!:laughing:

2wd regular cab S-10 with a salter and a half pallet of bagged salt. This is the crappy competition around here!

2. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

At least he's out trying to make some $$$ instead of sitting back and collecting foodstamps, social security, etc...and draining the life out of all of us who actually work!
  3. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

and you forgot WELFARE !! ..
  4. SullivanSeptic

I agree, but that is pretty rediculous! By the way, I don't think the guys in this truck had Social Security numbers.;)
  5. Plow Chaser

Plow Chaser PlowSite.com Addict

That's too funny!! The front wheels must be barely touching the pavement. Be glad that's your competition and not some guy with a fleet of brand new plow trucks!
  6. Winfrey

Winfrey Junior Member

it might just be their salt truck. some of the guys around here have little trucks with salters to come in after the plow trucks and just salt?
  7. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

If it works and makes him money thats all that really matters.
  8. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I hate welfare. People need to get off there A$$ and go to work! :realmad:
  9. Joesno

Joesno Senior Member

i really hate to pickon people that dont have nice setups because maybe its all he can afford. but i do have to say atleast make it road safe. that truck looks like an accident waiting to happen.
  10. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

yah well just thank your fed gov on that note ....
  11. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

almost looks like your truck is gonna eat that poor thing :laughing::laughing:
  12. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

i usually run that kind of trash right into a ditch....
  13. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

LOL although silly and he probably shoud have atleast used a smaller tailgate spreader atleast he is working as others said.

We have a little 2wd S10 like that and I have used it to run around a blower and a push spreader before. I will tell you this it has NO payload, 200-250lbs in the back and it is done.

If you have idle equipment you are losing money.
  14. ATV Plow King

ATV Plow King Senior Member

I hope that you have to get put on welfare some day, and they deny it to you, then you'll relize how much of a dick you are.

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

my wife works at a grocery store, when i go in to see her there will be people that have the card,you should see the **** they buy, even try and get monster energy drinks.

i always have to say something like dam, i need to get me one of those,are those free, anything to embarass them, just to walk out and see them on theyre welfare issued phone and new car.

i live on ramen pride half the time, not because i can't afford it but because its food i only need enough to get me thru the next meal, i'd rather spend my cash on toys, yeah i like an occaisional lobster, usually when i get a big job lol

unless your on crutches or a wheelchair get a fing job and pay cash for your food like everyone else
  16. Joesno

Joesno Senior Member

man seriously. People need to get their ass off the couch and do something. If you dont want to work than you shoudlnt get money. and dont play the " i cant find a job" bs. its plain and simply no work no money. the only people who should get gov money should be the handy cap and the elderly.
  17. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Jeez- bitter are we?

There is NO EXCUSE- there's ALWAYS work out there- be it working at Mickey D's, or anything else- if you WANT to work, you CAN. Periodussmileyflag
  18. SullivanSeptic

Boy do I agree with that one. Even with a slow economy and lots of people off of work, I have had one hell of a time finding reliable employees this year. I have (had) work all year for guys but no one is willing to actually do it. They just want to show up at 8:00am and get paid to sit in a truck until its time to go home at 3:00. I actually have had a few stand and watch me, the owner, dig a trench with a shovel for an hour. They just sat there leaning on it.
  19. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

It needs to be regulated big time. Some people do need it but there are to many people that abuse it or think that is a way of life. They need to drug test for it, I have to drug test to get the money that the government takes from me to give to them, they should have to pass one to get it.
  20. airtime

airtime Member

Was this photo taken in New Lennox? That's my pipe crew in the background if so. S-10 for salting. That's some funny chit!:laughing: