1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Nice looking headache rack

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Dirty Jersey, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Dirty Jersey

Dirty Jersey Senior Member

Hey guys, I was over on the Cummins forum site and saw a posting for these head ache racks. They looked pretty cool. Wanted to post link for members, to check out or get new ideas for someone looking to fab their own.

2. plowingkid35

plowingkid35 Senior Member

Those would be cool for looks, but you would never be able to see out your rear view mirror.
  3. Maine_Train

Maine_Train Senior Member

That ¼" plate with all the holes in it is the "SKULLSCREEN," and from what I saw on their site, it can be added or removed.
    Those are some pretty rugged looking racks, and those "KNUCKLE" tie-downs look like a neat idea.
    I bet the most basic of 'em is still big buck$, but I didn't dare to look up the prices. (Sticker Shock Face-- :eek: )
  4. mike6256

mike6256 Senior Member

That's what I was thinking :dizzy: Did anyone call about pricing??
  5. Bibbo

Bibbo Senior Member

i wanted to call about the back rack with out the "skull screen" but im not sure if i can handle the price lol, its gotta be expensive
  6. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Sure you would but who uses a rear view mirror anyway?
  7. plowingkid35

plowingkid35 Senior Member

This guy, we only have a salter in one truck because around here its just not a service that people jump at. I use my rear view mirror all the time, its just nice to be able to have the option of using a rear view mirror if need be. Idc who you are at some point your side mirrors get full of crap or your windows do and you can't see out of them, thats where a rear view mirror is nice
  8. tuney443

I see.[no pun intended]Mine gets used once in a blue moon to see the condition of my hat hair-do when the hat comes off.Thumbs UpSide mirrors only here.I'm old school first and foremost and the one thing you really don't want to mention to a DOT officer is that ''My mirrors are so dirty officer I'm sorry if I didn't see you trying to have me pull over these last 20 miles.'' Part of your pre trip inspection and if and when they get dirty,take a moment and clean them.This should pertain whether you come under DOT scrutiny or not.
  9. tuney443

Just got a reply back from Damon at that site.A similar rack called a backbone in polished form sells for $1768.00.He said that the skull one has to be custom cut for whatever reason so that would probably be more.Way out of my league.
  10. Dirty Jersey

Dirty Jersey Senior Member

Whoo! That's some cabbage for that rack.
  11. porter1121

porter1121 Junior Member

I just got off the phone with damon, nice guy. They custom build the rack directly to the measurements off your truck, they'll even powder coat them for you, and they have plenty of options. Price for me for my GMC Sierra 2500HD with the rack the skullscreen and the bedrails all powdercoated black was $2100.00. Maybe if I hit the lottery itd be nice.