1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

nice forecast wc says 0 fox 8 2-3" that's nice!!

Discussion in 'Weather' started by cornbinder, Nov 9, 2008.

1. cornbinder

cornbinder Senior Member

nice forecasts morons!!! fox 8 says a front rolling in late sunday night and expect 2-3" bye monday morning. the "weather channel" says clearing overnight and nodda! nothing. real nice how can 2 forecasters have completely opposite forecasts for the same area. i need to change careers!! ha-ha

2. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

This Afternoon: A chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 42. West wind around 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Tonight: A slight chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. West wind between 7 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Thats your forcast from the nws, i would say leave the plow off. Perhaps some salt tonight, but 20% is not alot to work with. I think you will sleep threw the night. Next weekend might be your first shot of some real snow!:waving:

3. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Peat, is that what there calling for your area?

I need to check mine

4. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

NOAA says just a trace of precip and nothing more and the weather channel says the same. I don't listen to any of them I just get up and look out the window thats my forecast :D

5. cornbinder

cornbinder Senior Member

i usually go bye what i see when i get up early in the morning, or at least i bother getting up to check if they are calling for anything that could possibly be some wintry precipitation. but when 2 separate forecasts for the same area are completely opposite, that gets the smoke rollin out of my ears. anyhow they've changed the forecasts at least 2 or 3 times now, and who knows whats gonna happen.

6. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

What are they saying?

I havent heard anything

7. cornbinder

cornbinder Senior Member

hey ron, now they are saying an inch or two possible in the snow belt. i'm not getting excited the ground is too warm for anything to stick unless it's a decent amount that falls and quickly. later, pete

8. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

And they make a ton of money.