1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Niagara Performance

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by plowman69, Oct 3, 2009.

1. plowman69

plowman69 Member
    from amherst

I set up an appointment to get a 9'6" snowdogg plow put on . I'am having them wire the new led light into the truck also. The plow seems real well built. I had no problems with the snow dogg straight blades so far so I thought I would stick with all the same brand.
    They told me the straight and vplows will hook on the same frame and the wiring is the same just swap controllers. That was what i liked in case one truck goes down i can swap plows. teh guys at Niagara were great and not real pushy like some places. Ill let you know how it goes after I get it back.

2. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

ken is awsome. Did a great job on my dump.

3. plowman69

plowman69 Member
    from amherst

I got my v installed the plow is huge install was done great nice and neat didn't have wires hanging and messy looking like some i had in the past. The plow is fast for some thing that big I give snow dogg a+ on this design looks real well built i love the jack also .
    Ken at Niagara showed me the demo V plow that was used last year and it was still in good shape . I would recomend both the plow and Niagara Performance the guys there were great once agian 4th snow dogg plow from them. Can't wait till it snows to use it.

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Pixs or ban!

5. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

They did an awsome job on mine too. Real neat and clean. Pics will be soon. Blade is off now cause I'm still doing landscape installs.

6. plowman69

plowman69 Member
    from amherst

salter

Has any body heard if the v plow will get wings

7. ajordan193

ajordan193 Senior Member
    from WNY

How's that V holding up? Interested in seeing pics of your SnowDogg set-up. What does the truck mounting look like? Thinking of purchasing for next season

8. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

V is doing great. Had it in for the recall but all is fine now.

9. ajordan193

ajordan193 Senior Member
    from WNY

Got any pics of the V installed on your dump?

10. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

I cant get them to load.

11. comeeonn

comeeonn Senior Member

first off, i had my ex80 put on there and ken did a great job, im very please. i had a bolt break on my frame on the truck and brought it back, they had me in and out in 15 min, no questions asked, VERY good costumer service.

i was considering trading mine in for the 9 6 v plow until i found out it weighed 990lbs, thats just to much weight for the front of my duramax.

i have the wings on my plow and they are awesome, ken told me that next year buyers is coming out with wings for the v plows since the design on mine are different.

good luck with the plow, i know you'll love dealing with ken.

we need pics!!!!!!!!!!!

12. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

My dump has the duramax allison combo, no problems with the weight.

13. comeeonn

comeeonn Senior Member

since you said dump im amusing yours is a 1 ton, mines a 3/4ton

14. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

It is but No matter what plow you put on your still over the front GVW. Any gm truck with the d max only has 400 lbs reserve capacity.