1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

NH's Warning Light Permit

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by dmjr77, Oct 26, 2007.

1. dmjr77

dmjr77 Senior Member

2. earl964

earl964 Member

I cant believe that there is not a fee for this. Seems like everytime I fill out a form it cost me money.
  3. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

hahaah lets see how many people actually fill this out and submit it, besides the state contractors
  4. topdj

topdj Senior Member

WTF gee another thing the goverment has to stick there hands into.
    Arent Yellow lights permit free. how ya gonna drive a wide load across country?
  5. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

so much for live free or die,Whats next a permit to put a tool box on the truck? How will a redneck survive (just a joke I come from a long line of rednecks)
  6. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

No, it's 2 permits: 1 to own/display the toolbox, and the other to own the tools that are in it.
  7. gmcsierra1500

gmcsierra1500 Senior Member
    from CT

Thats crazy, you need a new permit every time you change the location or add another warning light! I would neeed another permit about every other month for how offten i change my lighting set up. and i know in CT its a 20$ fee to get an amber light permit
  8. topdj

topdj Senior Member

we have a code here for sheds, I didnt want to store my gas cans and small tools that had fuel, in my main garage thats heated. so I built a shed freestanding on pressure treated frame, well a week after its up someone calls and here comes the code guy saying I need a permit for anyshed 8x12 or greater well lucky for me I built it 8 x11 ft 10" LOL
    I told him to get lost, he had to measure it himself and I had a copy of the towns shed/garage & rules/permits. Pointed it out to him :) Then told to go take a drive on my tax dollars :waving:
  9. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

Oh my. Wonder how they plan on enforcing that. Can't even get wreckers to put their phone number on the doors. Instead of making amber warning lights mandatory for snow plows, they make it optional BUT you need a permit. So this could concievably result in less people using warning lights TO PREVENT ACCIDENTS!

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

This is so messed up! Whats MCW gonna do? He has alot of lights on his truck (just givin ya crap Mike) But anyway it is the dumbest thing I have ever seen. What are they gonna do if you don't have one? Ticket you? I can tell ya right now if they do that in Michigan I am not going to get one if you have to pay for it. I'll just get a teardrop and only use it while out by the road and then when I am done, put it inside the truck.
  11. Detroitdan

NH has been messed up for years on this. The law says you are "authorized to use amber emergency lights when actively engaged in snowplowing". I take this to mean you shouldn't run it between jobs, only when actually plowing, however if the visibility is bad I'd run it anyway. But it only says authorized, not mandated in any way. So you are perfectly legal to use nothing at all. But you can run amber on any piece of machinery or equipment that crosses a jobsite. Which is technically offroad and not under the states jurisdiction. So what they must mean is if you are on the road, or entering the road from a driveway access. No jurisdiction whatsoever on private property, I can run blue lights in my driveway if I want.
    There is nothing on the fine schedule as far as I have seen. So you can't get a ticket for not having the permit. Not yet anyway. I'll tell you this much: I've worked in LE for years, and when it is snowing or has just snowed, cops are too busy with accidents and other problems to bother a guy to see if he has an amber light permit, when you never needed a permit before. You are supposed to have one for red lights on volunteer vehicles, but I've never heard of anyone getting hassled for that either. It would only be a problem if you misused them. I'd much rather pull people over for not having an amber light while plowing than to check for a permit. That is crazy.
    I wonder what the impetus for this was. A couple years ago a guy with a white Ram with a white Blizzard and no amber warning lights at all struck and killed a little girl. He was charged for Aggravated DWI. But that wouldn't have pushed this law through, if anything it should have pushed a requirement for flashing lights. Regardless of whther the guy was drinking and driving, if he had a beacon flashing maybe the girl could have seen him coming.
    Anyway. Whatever. I won't plow without 360 degree beacons going. And if they catch me and insist I get a permit, then I'll get one. I just hope it doesn't keep guys without permits from running their beacons for safety.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2007
  12. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I'll be a good boy and fill out the nice piece of paper..........LOL screw that!

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Thats what i was thinkin!
  14. nhglock17

nhglock17 Member
    from nh

15. mcwlandscaping

Either that doesn't make any sense to me or i just don't have the attention span to focus on it to understand it!
  16. Detroitdan

You need a law degree to comprehend it. To get a law degree you have to go to school for a long time, during which they gradually remove all your common sense, morals and any pre-exiting ethical beliefs.
  17. mcwlandscaping

Now that makes sense!!! :)
  18. 1sthippy

1sthippy Member

Warning Light Permit

From what I understand. As of 1/1/08 at the time of your state inspection. You will get a warning for no permit. As of 1/1/09 NO permit NO inspection sticker! This is what my son told me today. The state sent out an e-mail to all inspection stations this morning. What's the next stupid thing to come out of Concord. Hippy

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

Figures...who thinks up this ****??

I'm glad I have a magnetic mount that gets stowed after plowing!! Freakin' laws are gonna bury us...
  20. Detroitdan

Good, I can get another two years without a permit then, my inspection is due in December.