1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

nh salt license

Discussion in 'Snow Management Safety & Training' started by ponderosa, Feb 3, 2013.

1. ponderosa

ponderosa Member

on tue, there is a hearing on the latest voluntary salt ablicaters license, the bill is hb523. this is the forth year for this to come up. if anyone is interested in being there let be thanks
  2. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

That's crazy, no way would I voluntarily get a salting license. I don't "invite" the govenment into any more part of business than they have already forced themselves into. There is already to many things in this business that make it hard to compete with other contractors from fly by nights in residentials to guys skiming salt quanities in commercial work. The last thing you need is some government worker telling you "do this or do that" they don't care what it cost you....and your competion isn't going to do it. From my experience being a certified pesticide applicatior in NY, I was "privileged" to several audits while my competion that went to the local home store & bought product, etc. Never got caught, never kept all required records, took/paid for classes, etc. the government looks for the easiest way to "enforce" the laws, this will put your name on the easiest target list.