1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

NH insurance

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Detroitdan, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

Was wondering what people in my area are paying for commercial auto insurance to cover snowplowing.
  2. ironworks01

ironworks01 Member

I have all my auto insurance through progressive. I got a commercial quote from them for a million dollar liability policy it was $$1070.00 for coverage for 6 mos...
    hope this helps this was for 1 truck and only myself as a driver...
  3. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

My commercail 1 million is 1,475. Runs all year.
  4. Detroitdan

Wow, last time I had plowing insurance it was only a couple hundred bucks. Well, I guess I was expecting to hear 800 to a grand, so its sounds about right, considering how much everything else costs nowadays. thanks for the replies.
  5. Winter Land Man

Winter Land Man Senior Member

I know tons of people without insurance. I'd do it myself if I was richer. The majority of people I know, never hit anything, but there's always a first.
  6. Detroitdan

I know most of the guys out there plowing with pickups arent insured for plowing, and probably most of them with older paid for trucks have no insurance at all. NH is a great place to live, except for the IDIOT law that says you arent required to insure your car if your over 18. Thats why it costs so much for the rest of us. I hate uninsured people, I really do.
  7. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

It could be worse...

It could be worse you could be here in Mass where us good drivers pay for all the bad drivers.They call it no Fault!!!I call it B.S. Let the bad drivers pay their own way.Liberal state....
  8. Detroitdan

yeah, no fault seems to foster poor driving skills.
  9. Oshkosh

No Fault is everybodys fault.

It must have made sense when they thought of it,I guess! You hear of all these scams and we (The good drivers)end up paying for all of that stuff.Seems to me if you are a bad driver you should pay more to drive,call me crazy!Maybe if it cost more they would become better drivers?Just a thought.Or they wouldnt be able to drive and the roads would be safer for all of us.
    I went on a tear when my 1989 one ton cost $1600+ to put on the road down here and up your way I was quoted $600 for the same coverage.I started packing then!
  10. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

MI has no fault insurance too. But bad drivers that have points on thier driving record pay higher rates.
  11. Oshkosh

Thats the way it is supposed to work

Hi,That is the way it is supposed to work ,Bad driver pay a bit more here but the good drivers pay allot more than states without no fault.Massachusetts is talking about getting rid of it because people are getting fed up.
    Insurance companies have been pulling out because of it.There are several companies that wont right commercial in this state ,it is a mess.
    Like I said ,25 miles north across the boarder and insurance is a third to half for the same coverage same truck.
  12. Detroitdan

or, 25 miles north you can run around with no insurance at all like most people. Of course newer vehicles are required to have insurance by the lienholder, but all these old junkers are uninsured, by the people who have nothing so when they hit you youre screwed. I have to pay for uninsured motorist insurance so that I can get my vehicle fixed when it gets hit by some uninsured trailer trash piece of @#*%. Dont even get me started.
  13. sgthawkusmc

sgthawkusmc Member

I'd rather pay my Mass insurance than Dan's. He's paying for all the morons running around without insurance. I use to do it when I was a teenager not knowing any better. Paid for it my senior year. $5k in fines and lawyer fees when I got caught. If you go to school or work in Mass, even if you're registered in NH, you have to have insurance. I got nailed with three counts of unregistered, uninsured, no license & falsifying an address. All because I was registered in NH. Long story, but the only part that was just was the no insurance and that stuck. The rest was bogus and I beat it easily.