1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

NH guys pushing back piles

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mcwlandscaping, Mar 3, 2008.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Any of you guys in NH and surrounding areas going to use this warm weather to push some piles back/move some around and making sure drains stay open? I'm guessing we aren't going to get any more snow this year ;) but just in case!! Anyone else going out and taking advantage of the warm weather and melting snow?

2. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Its only March 3rd. I predict 2 more plowable events in the north east before we pack it in.
  3. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

i have a question for you guys regarding this. I see it posted alot, about pushing piles back and such. Are you charging for this trip? It would seem to me if you have many accounts, thats a decent amount of time and gas. Haven't really had a need for that in this area.
  4. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

you need to push piles back up there
  5. duramax03049

duramax03049 Junior Member

more than not we charge for pushing snow back. unless my boss likes the people and knows they dont mind "paying" for an extra sanding. ive been out after most storms pushing banks back at atleast 2-3 places. just too god damn much snow. and no where to put it. and i believe we'll have more than 2 events. most guys in southern nh plow when theres less than an inch anyways. commercial properties that is.

we plow a trailer park in hudson and the people are coplaining we re doing a bad job and most likely wont be back next year. well they seemed to forget w've had record snow and trailers right close to eachother dont give us much room for snow. we're not town/state trucks with wings. they really have no idea what theyre talking about. their roads always clean yes, is it shrinking size yes. just doing our best folks
  6. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

7. Blazin

Blazin Senior Member

All mine where pushed back or piled up before the last storm. I have been shoveling roofs yesterday, today and again tomorrow! A few of them haven't been done all year.
  8. jsaunders

jsaunders Senior Member

The ones that needed to be pushed back have already been. Of course there is an extra charge for bring out the loader!

Last year we had 2 snow storms in march 5" + 15" and we had 2 storms in April as well 4" + 6".
    I hope we will have 3+ more storms.payup