1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

? nh 665

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by xc23, Dec 2, 2008.

1. xc23

xc23 Member

A friend is looking to sell his 2000 New Holland 665 .It is a turbo diesel unit around 2100 Hrs. Not to familiar whit these I own a 94 4x4 ford backhoe for pushing a 12'. I would like to add a ss to my line up but don't know how this unit will perform .No cab or heat but he says there is kits for these units available to mount in the ss . He hasn't given me a firm price yet but says he will sell it for what the local dealer will give on a trade. What is this hing worth How do them perform pushing sno , and what kind of reliability do these things have . Thanks

2. zigzag82

zigzag82 Junior Member

I have run S S for a long time plowing snow and they do fine with the proper tires or chains.
    Does this S S have two speed, High flow, Is it hand foot or just hand controls? I am asking about controls because on older New Hollands the hand controls bent at the wrist. They tent not to be very nice after a long days plow. Then there is how the secondary works. Is it by the hand controls or a peddle on the floor. If it is on the floor (like the foot controls) with out proper covers they can freeze up.