1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Nge system

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by larryhd, Nov 25, 2014.

1. larryhd

larryhd Senior Member
    from vermont

Has anyone tried this new wiring? Haven't heard much on it since the release.

2. ByDesign

ByDesign Senior Member

Very interested to know more about this, as we have had problems with the plug since day 1.

3. larryhd

larryhd Senior Member
    from vermont

Is anyone using the new wiring????

4. therabbittree

therabbittree Member

I just picked up a 9.2 stainless DXT and ordered the NGE system. I am doing install my self. The NGE wiring was out of stock , so it is ordered and will be in soon. I will let you know how it goes. I had a thread asking the same a while back and got several responses. I think its good . Eliminates the corrosion possibility on 13 pin connector. I am debating the New NGE pistol controller or thew Smart Touch 2 regular controller. i have to see what is in the crate. Dealer say I can exchange. He didn't have pistol in stock to feel it.

I may do a full install thread here debating..
    Thanks,
    Deo

5. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Please do!

It would be very interesting for some of us.

6. Yooper906

Yooper906 Junior Member

I have the NGE system with the pistol controller.

Overall I really like it. The only issue I have had to date is there is a delay in switching headlights from dim to bright and vice-versa, both with the plow on and off. I was told by the dealer this was due to the wireless system :/ It is noticeable enough to be an annoyance, but not enough to outweigh the benefits... The two wire connector is worth every penny!

As for the pistol controller, I think it's great. It is a bit touchy as far as getting the analog stick in the right location until you get used to it, but it doesn't take long and you get really comfortable with it. In my opinion, once you get used to it it is quicker to get in position. But I grew up playing video games with controllers that have this type of control so ymmv :)

I'd be happy to answer any specific questions if anyone has any.

7. bolake

bolake Senior Member

What is the cost of the NGE system?

8. Yooper906

Yooper906 Junior Member

NGE Price

I paid $220 plus an additional $100 for the installation.

9. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

With a plow purchase or retro fit?

10. Yooper906

Yooper906 Junior Member

That was with the plow purchase.

11. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

That's what I thought. Anybody know the retro kit cost? Have 5 plows and if you switch one it would be better to do them all so they swap easier.

12. therabbittree

therabbittree Member

Should be about $150 for NGE option. Hopefully less.

13. Jakedaawg

Jakedaawg Senior Member
    from N. Mi

Good Luck with that! They quoted me a lot more than that. Cant remember the exact number but it was $6-700. Cant remember if that included a new controller or not.

This was for a retro fit though.

14. therabbittree

therabbittree Member

I'm talking new plow purchase , Install myself. Etc.

15. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

I read some were that it is a $300 upgrade on a new plow.

16. therabbittree

therabbittree Member

I was sold the NGE for less then I posted. I got whole 9.2 stainless dxt plow, with everything minus tax with deflector for well under $6k. PM if you want specifics. Price was a reason i went to another dealer. First dealer wanted $1500 more and said NGE wasn't available etc..
    Thanks,
    Deo

17. larryhd

larryhd Senior Member
    from vermont

Anyone have any updates on NGE wiring and how its working

18. therabbittree

therabbittree Member

I'm still waiting for Back ordered missing NGE truck side light harness. They think it may show up tomorrow / tues. I hope to get it installed asap.
    Thanks,
    Deo

19. GetMore

GetMore Senior Member

I have it on mine. I think it cost me $150 additional on a new plow install. Not very expensive at all. I also went with the pistol grip control.

I do notice a delay with the lights, more with the high beams than anything else, but the delay is there with all of them. You can see it in the flashers. With the high beams it is a little more obvious. I cannot give a quick flash, or do a couple of flickers, it will wait about half a second, and then shine them for about a second before going back. (That is a very unscientific guesstimate of the time. It's somewhere around there.)
    The plow seems to be more responsive than the lights are. I may have noticed a slight delay some times, but it might not actually have been there. I haven't had enough time using it yet, while thinking about it.

The pistol grip is nice, though sometimes I would like to have the thumb stick raise and lower as well. Not sure I really need the finger triggers for that. However, I have a straight blade. The V plows use all eight directions of the thumb control, and need the finger triggers for raise/lower.
    The thing I like about the pistol grip is that I can hold it while shifting, and even raise and lower while shifting without issue. It is very convenient.

20. therabbittree

therabbittree Member

Besides the Light delay, the only other issue is: if you have the key on and turn off the controller the plow will attempt to move the rt wing out. It does it in a jerky motion etc. Strange, Any one else have that issue?