1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

NFG needs help with commercial bidding

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by peterbdeere, Nov 21, 2009.

1. peterbdeere

peterbdeere Junior Member
    from S.NE

Gentlemen, I have the opportunity to plow/sand, and snowblow 88,172 sq. ft of parking lot, all of which are small lots connected by short driveways in a village complex. It has 2990 linear ft. of sidewalk at 4' wide, including stoops, wheelchair ramps, etc. All of this needs to be sanded or treated w/ice melt. I have a 4 employees, 1 05 gmc 3500 dump duramax w/ a 1.8 yard Fisher polycaster, and a 9' western plow. I have a 99 chevy 2500 4x4 p/u w/ 8' Fisher mm; and one JD 4120 w/a 8' pusher and a 7' 3 pt. hitch snowblower. and 2 toro 210 21" 2-cycle snowblowers. How should I bid this? I'm new, I don't want to be a lowballer, but I want my customers to be happy. My drivers have worker's comp . Oh yah, and my wife's pissed. LOL

2. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

I'm confused, you have all of this equipment, it's this late in the season, this contract is still open, and you don't know how to bid it? I don't blame your wife for being upset!! My only advise is this, figure out what it would cost you to maintain that property then add your desired profit. Also, keep in mind that since it is this late and the bidding is still open, they probably are going to be looking for stupid cheap, but will be the first to complain. Enjoy!!

3. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Go hourly....

4. peterbdeere

from S.NE

thanks for your input, peterbdeere

5. peterbdeere

from S.NE

a lot people have said the same thanks.