1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

next year

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by karl klein, May 11, 2002.

1. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

has anyone started going around looking for contracts? i have thought about it but was wondering if people would sign a contract this far away from the season.

2. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

I have already been receiving RFPs, and have been submitting renewal questionaires to existing clients whose contracts have expired-figure I'll get the good vs bad input while its still fresh in their mind, but probably wont actually send any contracts out til after July 1 (due to personal reasons) but IMO if you want the account its never too early for a professional...

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Haven't done any advertising but I have already been contacted to be put on my route for next winter. First was even before the last snow of the season. She wanted to know if I'd be plowing next year and would I be plowing her drive? I probably won't be answering any Request for Proposals this year. Had too much hassle with them last year. When they contact you, you give them a price/terms and they take it or leave it. I'll also send out reminder letters in Sept to confirm intentions.