1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Next Winter

Discussion in 'Weather' started by FISHERBOY, Mar 28, 2008.

1. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

For those of us who had a crappy season has anyone thought of how next season will be, i know we will be in a neutrual winter no LA nina/ or El nino:eek:, i also hav read during neutral winters the east coast see more, nor easters we can only hope payup

2. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

our winter was preety bad and to be honest I will have a different part time job next winter. I just cant sit around all day and wait for it to snow anymore. I will still plow when I can next winter but it definately wont be my main source of income anymore.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I'll just send out those seasonal contracts and wait for the checks each month.payup

4. LAB INC

LAB INC Senior Member

I feel you !!!!!!

Yea this really sucks I feel you on that the last two years hear in NJ have really not been good. I am sick of it next year I'm going to find something elese to keep me bizzy over the winter I will still plow but its not going to be my main source of income. To be honest I am sick of wateing for the snow and have it not come or have the weather man tell us a bunch of BS!!!! I also am sick of puting out money for new trucks I got a 2008 Ford f350 this year the dame thing was over 55,000 with with the plow and last year I got two new trucks and did not even really use them. I am sick of this I am not putting any more money into this snowplowing Bull SH*it to we get a good winter!!! We can only hope that we will get snow next year this winter blows !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. cornbinder

cornbinder Senior Member

i've already learned not to rely on the snow for a main source of income to rely on. i do other stuff to make ?? the snow is an added bonus. nice bonus in march with 17 inches of snow in 1 event. i've already purchased another plow truck for next year and had a large truck stop call and inquire about me putting in a bid for next year. i'll spend all my rainy days this summer getting my snow plow trucks ready for next year. later, pete

6. deadogwalkin

deadogwalkin Member

You are a smart man cornbiner snow is difficult to rely on for steady income.

7. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

any biz that relies on the weather makes u sweat a lil bit.....:cry::rolleyes:

8. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

last winter wasnt the greatest for central ny but we had a couple decent storms. i need to move up onto tug hill then ill get to plow. payup