1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Next snowstorm for Northern Illinois

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dlcs, Jan 7, 2005.

1. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Ok Grassbusters its a official, I'm going to predict the next snow event for Northern Illinois. I'm predicting towards the end of next week on January 12-13. I have this feeling that this one is going to be the same as or bigger than the last. Lets all keep are fingers crossed and get ready. :bluebounc

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

How much snow did you guys get? Why do you love the storms so much?

3. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

We got between 12-14". We plow with the storm and are paid per push. So, the bigger the storm the more pushes we get and that means more money. Plus all of my commercial acounts get salted after every push. payup

4. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

hope you are right! payup

5. psdiesel24

psdiesel24 Member

was out 48 hours straight on this last storm it just kept snowing and snowing God i love it :yow!:

6. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

One of the weathermen predicted something for Columbus, Ohio next weekend. I did not catch everything he said, but I hope it is not rain again. Can only hope for snow though.

7. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

It is nice to see guys that still get excited with the snow. Pretty much everything here is contract for the year. That takes a little something out of it. Maybe it is the FUN. Good luck to all and I hope you get what you wish for. Look after your equipment and it will look after you.

8. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Thanks

I guess part of it for me is that plowing is fun. Maybe is just the big kid in me.

9. Iowa

Iowa Senior Member
    from Iowa

They are talking about it here, but as of now they are saying only freezing rain :( that might change though.

10. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

I agee with wed &thurs for next week. If we can have 1 storm a week, that would be nice.

11. spiviter

spiviter Member
    from chicago

Hope this stuff melts in the next couple of days. A storm next week looks to be coming. My smaller lots are already stuffed in the corners to the max. Any buddy looking for extra help in the wood dale, dupage area. I have 2 trucks running around....

12. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Why are you hopeing the snow melts off? Sounds like an oppertunity to make some real money there spiviter! Loader work and removal is major bucks. The company I work for has strict policys about stacking and pushing over curbs just for that reason.
    Let it snow :)
    Todd

13. spiviter

spiviter Member
    from chicago

I have no place to dump snow yet. And I do offer the service at $250/hr...But I do stack up to the 6' mark and that is it. Don't want to break the truck.....

14. FSUPERDUTY

FSUPERDUTY Senior Member

Where did you here of this storm?I watched the weather last night and they said 40's and rain for the middle of the week!I would like a break after that last storm to go up north and ride my snowmobile!

15. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

I didnt hear anything about a storm either. I heard rain and a mix.

16. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Suppose to snow towards the end of the week here. I'm 120 miles west of you guys.