1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

next plow setup..

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jerseydrew, Feb 18, 2014.

1. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

going HD next season. not sure which one but 1 ton for sure. anyway i have loved my HTS (except for the backdragging). i do my driveway and my mothers, both a total PITA. i am used to them with the 7.5 straight blade but was thinking of going to an 8 or 8.5 pro plus. how is that blade for backdragging?

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

The Pro Plus is an awesome plow with a large, heavy blade, it doesn't have scrape lock like the HTS but doesn't need it. If you only do two driveways it's probably overkill but if you have the cash why not. You can also buy a backdrag edge for it which makes it work that much better. Your HTS could have a backdrag edge put on it too by the way but it will still be a hobby plow...

3. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

i have the backdrag edge on my HTS and the scrape lock might as well not even be there, it is worthless. the reason i hate the way this plow back drags is because my last truck/plow was a snoway with down pressure. that thing weighed nothing but back dragged like a pro!

4. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

If you're doing just driveways, the Pro Plus is way overkill.

With that said, I loved mine, and the other one that we have. Backdrags great with no optional edge, I can't see spending more, as I'm more than happy with it's performance without it. Easiest mounting in the industry, and tough, fast and durable hydraulics as well. Too bad the whole operation wasn't as good as the plow.