1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Next door neighbors suck..

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Pearcelawn, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

I was plowing a driveway in an area where the houses are literally 10 feet apart. The property I was plowing had a fence all the way to the public sidewalk and then all across the front as well. That leaves a hole for me to get through to plow only as wide as the truck. I have to fold in the mirrors to fit.

I backdrag the snow outside the fence and stack it. The neighbor comes over and no longer wants me to put snow BETWEEN the houses on the public walk. None of the snow goes in front of her house. I told her I would pile it on the other side but when that was full I had no choice but to put it there. She said no way and wanted me to push it up the street to a vacant lot. I said no way am I plowing the street.

She went berserk,started throwing shovels full of snow on the hood of my truck. Told her I was gonna call the cops if she damaged my truck. She told me if I opened my f-ing mouth again the next one was going to go in my face!!!

I rolled up the window and started to finish the job so I could get out of there. I backdrag,she fills it back in with the shovel. I just gave up and drove away. I my client calls me, I was the and the snow in the driveway is courtesy of the neighbor.

I hate neighbors.

Thanks for letting me vent!!!!!!!!:gunsfiring:
  2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

WOW, i woulda still called the cops......thats rediculous
  3. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

This woman was a total nut job. I am glad I get to that one in the early morning most of the time so no one is up and about yet.
  4. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

What a nutcase. Probably has been in the bottle a little too long. Calling the cops might have made it worse the next time. Revenge is great.:gunsfiring:
  5. lawnboy11

lawnboy11 Senior Member

Ohhhhhhhhh BOY, do I hear ya! :realmad:

I told a lady to go F herself (hard) at 1:30 am last night.

A while ago I posted a ? here about 'silencing snowblowers' or trying to make them quiet so I could use them late at night w/0 distrurbing people. Most of you said 'who cares you have to work, just do it', which in theory is alright. But, being considerate I only shovel after 10 pm and before 6 am. anyhoo, I was shoveling out one house at 1:30 am (1st on list b/c man is on oxygen so if they need to get to hospital they are clear).....

So- I'm shoveling with a plastic (poly) blade and biatch throws window open and starts to whine in a nasty way how she has to get up at 6 for work, wah wah wah. Mind, you I was actually trying to be as quiet as possible, the houses are close together. I told her I have to work now, I can't help when it stops snowing, She didn't care.
    told her to call someone who cares, go right ahead, she said she would, I said go for it.
    I told her I have to get this house done in case of emergency -she said 'yeah right' that's when I told her to go F herself. Calling me a liar is a no no. She was so pissed! Awesome! Old cuntagious lady. F U.

she goes 'that's it' -like I was in trouble! she says ' I hope you make a lot of money tonight. like I better because it better be worth the trouble I was supposedly in. At which point I told her to go back inside and kill herself. F her. F her F her.

Of course I saw her later at 5am, when I went back to the neighbors to shovel again. The plows came by all loud, I said to her, do you yell at the plows and call the village, did you yell at the other neighbor who is shoveld already, you must've heard that? I did apologize for saying FU, and I don't think she heard me tell her to finish her own miserable life, but it was a BS apology just to reduce the chances of her bitching to my customer. Get this, my customer will be on my side too, I know from expereince, I've neen working for them for 12+ years. I previously told off the hag across the street (w/o cusring) because she was yapping about grass clippings in street when I was in middle of job in summer. I hate neighbors too!
  6. lawnboy11

lawnboy11 Senior Member

mmmmmmmmmmmm revenge!

I think me and the old hag are cool though- I apologized for my language and tried to smooth it over a bit- who needs the tension- and she did the same for nagging me, but we'll leave the revenge option on the table anyway. hee hee heeprsport
  7. lawnboy11

lawnboy11 Senior Member

I have a feeling this is going to be a long thread.
    Rochester man- I'll come shovel the snow in the neighbors' face for you, you come down here and bury my old hag in a pile.
  8. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

My nutjob is in her early forties maybe. And I did no swearing and tried to work it out with her at first but then the snow slinging started and that was it for me.

I cannot wait for the next storm so I can bury her in big time. Gonna plow the car in also,she leaves it in the street.

Not in the mood for trouble today cause I already had to weld the plow before I could start work.

Revenge......Later for sure!!!!
  9. lawnboy11

lawnboy11 Senior Member

One more thing Rochester, in your title you said "Next door neighbors suck". I do believe you forgot to add "big hairy moose testicles".
  10. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

Lawnboy it is a deal!!!! Gotta have some fun or this job would be boring!!

I hope this thread is logn,lets hear everyones favorite horror neighbor stories!!!

Moose testicles, LMAO!!!!!
  11. lawnboy11

lawnboy11 Senior Member

Glad I could brighten your a.m.

See the title of this article this moring.....!

http://www.yahoo.com/s/517232 (read the first quotes " " in 2nd paragraph"

the orginal title on Yahoo was "Giant Concrete Balls Used to Stop Mud Flow"
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2007
  12. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

Yea I needed a laugh. Was a crappy day all around. Knew I could count on you guys for some solid entertainment!!!

Very good article for the situation. I need a concrete ball to plug up a certain neighbor for sure!!

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

Some people get nuts when they see snow. Thank goodness we don't!
  14. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

i dont lower myself down to stupidity like that ... i simply write a letter to the customer ... if i here nothing back . and there's no contract.. i walk away .... let them (customer) call you back .. then the price jumps 15% .... a big price to pay for starting crap with ya ..
  15. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

at least she didnt pull a gun on you....................... i have had this happen little scary.. but dude just plow her in i do it to the LADY who pulled the gun on me....

stay safe
  16. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

A GUN!!!! Wow , now that is extreme!!! I hope it will calm down here before it comes to that.

Always stay safe.

Groundbreakers- Not the customers problem right now. They are friends so I hope they would be on my side. I don't plow without a contract. Every customer has one.

Maybe it is stupidity on my part..... but it will make me feel better in the long run to bury her a$$ !!!!
  17. lawnboy11

lawnboy11 Senior Member

It might make you feel better for a minute, but then you'd have also done something wrong and might not feel as good as you think. I was happy I told the lady to F off when I did it, but then I felt bad about it- I'm glad we kinda straightened things out later- I told her I understood why she was upset at being awoken and she got it that I was trying to help out people & do my job. I think I would feel a little stressed about the situation now if I had left it at F U, but now it's over & done with. It just pisses me off when people treat us like we're below them (her attitude) or call me a liar when I'm being honest. I don't regret telling her what I thought about her at the time, but I'm glad it worked out. I say leave it be at this point and you'll be the bigger man. I should follow my advice.
  18. groundbreakers

okay maybe i read your post wrong .. not to get off the subject .. but how do you like your snoway 22 model .... i currently run a sno bear on my 4 wheel dakota ... good for small lots and driveways ... snoway sag your front end at all ??
  19. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

Drops it about 1". Have not had a problem bottoming out either. I zip in and out of tight spaces quickly. I used to have a full size Chevy and a Western 7'6" and this is much better on the same accounts. I even have two commercials I use it on.

Highly recommend it.
  20. groundbreakers

now that i read it again .... id tell the neighbor to take the problem to the person who owns the property that you maintain in the winter time ... then if it esclades any further .. tell them theres an increase fee for work disturbances ... problem solved .. !! just my .002 you must be talkin about the houses you have pictures of in the other thread under " ford's gettin er done "