1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Next big innovation?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by alcoman50, Mar 1, 2014.

1. alcoman50

alcoman50 Senior Member

So with the proliferation of Vs and Wide Outs and LED and wings and handheld (wireless even) controllers... Where are the manufacturers gonna head next?

The lighting and control tech hasn't really changed in quite a while for any of the manufacturers. Still don't understand why joysticks and handhelds are close to $300 new.

2. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

V with wideout wings, LED plow lights, wireless controllers, and easier plow hookups.

3. skorum03

skorum03 2000 Club Member

Don't know what else they could do

4. jhall22guitar

Exactly my thought. Maybe bigger expanding plows. Instead of going to 10' maybe find a way to go to 10'6"+? Stronger but lighter/more durable materials?

5. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I like see D&D come out with a rear pull plow That they use XLS mold board

6. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

They already do. The blizzard 86110 goes to 11ft. Can only make them so big to width restrictions and weight. I think they are going to come out with an xls that is like the 86110. (8.6 - 11)

7. jhall22guitar

I always forget Blizzard plows as I only have seen one or two here locally. Well maybe even bigger than that using lighter materials with equal strength could be developed. Thumbs Up

8. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

They come out with new innovations each and every year. It is called price increases.;) They are just being innovative and making more profits.

9. BossPlowMaster

BossPlowMaster Senior Member

V with wideout wings .... Hmmmmm now someone is thinking.

10. BossPlowMaster

BossPlowMaster Senior Member

I know I would like to see a form of down pressure for the boss plows... Would be nice for back dragging deep snow and scraping up hard pack.

11. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I like the plow Neig was pushing but not for 15k. The wheel can only be invented once....or twice.

12. Brad3403

Brad3403 Senior Member
    from Alberta

Isn't Boss already doing this with the Snow Wings.

13. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

How much easier can they get?

14. Brad3403

Brad3403 Senior Member
    from Alberta

Have someone else do it for you???

15. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

Seriously i can put my smarthitch on with one finger, maybe make it remote control so you don't have to get out of the truck

16. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

Thats a thought. Engage a switch - pull up and sensors note when it is within specs for engagement...laser lights to sense it? When truck side breaks the beam on plow side it commences to engage.

When you want to drop it, push a button and it does entire operation. Also, if it wireless, you will not even have to get out of cab.

(Then it cleans itself, coats itself with wax and a nice buff............)

17. jhall22guitar

I was just throwing ideas, I love the Boss hookups and hate fishers since they involve work. But even if it was remote you still need to hook up the power.

18. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Snowblowers that melt the snow to water before dumping it into a salt hopper to mix to salt brine and automatically liquid spray the path you just took... Cats azz for sidewalk work!

19. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

Now we are getting somewhere!

20. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Dibs on royalties if anyone builds it! :D You heard it first right here on PlowSite!