1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newspapers in driveways.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CTPlow, Feb 24, 2005.

1. CTPlow

CTPlow Member

Be honest, when you pull up to a residential account and see a newspaper sitting there right smack in the middle of the driveway, what do you do about it? Do you pretend to ignore it and just plow it with the rest of the drives snow(heh heh) or get out and throw it to the side or even bring it to their front door?
    Me personally, I usually get out and toss it to the side or put if on their front steps....usually. :D
    You would think if the courier had half a brain, he/she would throw it to the side of the driveway. But we all know this, of course, is impossible!

2. mattyd

mattyd Junior Member
    from ct

I will answer after you tell us. Should I assume your "hehe" means something?? :nono:

3. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

Being honest? Depends on my mood or how they are as a customer.

4. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Depends if I need to stretch. :cool:

5. Mark F

Mark F Senior Member

If I see one there[key words], Ill pick it up and when i get up the drive by the front door. Ill launch it at the door.

6. DieselRules

DieselRules Junior Member

Don't worry about it they will get to read them when the snowbank thaws in the spring. Seriously though the best is when you find one with the snowblower.

7. plowman777

plowman777 Senior Member

i have buried some. i usually try to toss it aside or deliver it to their door

8. wls

wls Senior Member

I bury more then I pick up, honestly, I picked only one up all this plow season. :)

9. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

Depending on how much snow there is. Most of the time I throw it to their door. If there is a lot of snow it goes bye,bye :waving:

10. wstwind

wstwind Senior Member

when there is a lot of snow, i just don't have time to pick up everybody's paper.

11. bulldogg01

bulldogg01 Junior Member

my favorite is when the paper carrier throw it in the driveway even when there is a newspsaper box next the mail box? you'd think think they should be a little more intelligent but i guess not. :confused:

12. L.I.Mike

L.I.Mike Senior Member

If they are a good customer I toss it to the door. If I am in a hurry they can read it in the spring. :rolleyes:

13. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

2 customers i do it for cause they pay on time everyone else they can look for it in the spring

14. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

If i have someone riding with me i send them out to fetch it and put it near the front door.If im alone it depends how they are as a customer most of the time i will move it before i plow.

15. snowinjoe

snowinjoe Senior Member

I try to get out and pick it up but if I don't see it then what can I do. Stupid paperboys should smarten up.

16. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

No matter how much I hate doing it, since it happens infrequently on my route, I will get out and move it. I think it looks very unprofessional to plow it in, especially come springtime when it melts and here is a pile of newspapers. Do you really think you will get the job again next year if they see that?

Don't forget, they PAY for those papers.

17. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I will get out and put it by the door :mad:.I did have a customer complain that I wasn't there on time one morning last month so I told her"how do you think you paper got next to the side door by 6:00a.m." she said "the paper carrier does that when it snows.Yeah o.k. lets see from now on and with your new plow guy next year she has been nothing but trouble all year.

18. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

If I see the paper then it gets put at the front door,otherwise they will find it in a snowbank come spring thaw...

19. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

What news paper?

20. CTPlow

CTPlow Member

Actually no I dont believe I have ever purposely plowed over a newspaper.
    The "heh heh" was just for thinking of doing it.
    Now you can answer. :rolleyes: