1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newspaper Ad

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by glenspot, Oct 7, 2004.

1. glenspot

glenspot Senior Member

I'm thinking about doing this ad in the paper....

Does using my face in it add to the "personal nature" of it, or make me seem like I just want to see my face in the paper?

Any other thoughts would be great, too. THanks everyone....

Its Supposed to be 2x2....

You can click here and see a BIG one at higher resolution.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2004
  2. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Looks good to me. I like the personal touch. :waving:
  3. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

I like the ad. It looks professional. Good points about the insurance. Picture with smile goes good next to Friendly Attitude. I see nothing wrong with using your picture in the ad.
  4. glenspot

glenspot Senior Member

So far so good.

So far so good, but I want to hear the bad stuff about it too.

Because I'm just getting started, here are some things that I think are missing....but is it GLARINGLY obvious that its missing, or do I cover the other bases well?

I don't talk about how experienced I am. (Because I'm not)
    I don't talk about how many satisfied customers I have. (Because I don't have any)
    I don't talk about my years and years of doing business. (Because its my first year)

I am hoping that those missing peices of information will be overlooked by talking about my POSITITIVES. I certainly don't want to say "Grow with us"...do i?

5. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

I would change...

I like the ad, its different and the picture next to "friendly attitude" works. I would change the wording at the bottom too: ...ask your current plow service if.... instead of plower, it is more professional. Don't worry about the other stuff. Short and simple and your angle is the insurance, putting too much on an ad and you'll lose peoples interest.
  6. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Thats a good looking ad! Nice truck too. I'll bet that and ad like that is not going to be cheap to put in the paper though. Let us know if makes you some business. :waving:
  7. crashz

crashz Senior Member

If I was customer looking for snow removal, I'd call for an estimate! :)
  8. glenspot

glenspot Senior Member

We have a section of the classifieds here called the "Hometown Service Directory" So, the cost to put this in my local paper for 24 days was $207.36

It will be in on Saturday. I'll let you know how it goes.

9. North Country

North Country Senior Member

For just starting out that is some great marketing and a great price!

In our area EVERYONE includes their photo - People like to put a face with the company.

You are really putting it out on the table with that insurance "challenge". Wow!

We always include 'Always hire a professional' as a tag line - Same implication just not as confrontational - michael
  10. glenspot

glenspot Senior Member

From what I've seen, so far, is that people were charging WAY too low prices around here.

They were doing it just for "fun" on their way to work, etc.

Well, at this point my General Liability Insurance is going to be my biggest expense. (Once the season starts it will be GAS, I think...but for now its insurance.)

The truck, I already had. The plow was used, and a good deal. My magnet signs were pretty cheap at iprint.com, commercial vehicle insurance is actually cheaper than my personal policy (with lower deductibles)...but general liability is gonna kill me if I don't charge real prices (like the rest of you are able to do). But if I'm going to pay it...then I'm going to expose the lowballing crooks that don't. :nod:

I THINK i've taken all the steps I need to take to be considered a legitamate business....So, I don't mind throwing it on the line and opening myself up to a challenge.

If Mr. Lowball plower wants to challenge me...then he can. I'll challenge him right back. And even if he has more experience, or more customers. Then thats fine. Hopefully I can nail some commercial accounts that they can't.

11. Snow Jaw

Snow Jaw Senior Member

yeah a picture of face helps alot than knowing a name..

it should help alot. let us know how it turn out later on.
  12. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

Around here it's very common for Realtors to have their face in there ads and no mention of PERSONAL experience, satisfied customers, or years of service. Sometimes however, they do boast about the Realtor company to cover up where they might fall short. None the less, it still looks professional.

Nice add!

Just my .02¢