1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Newspaper ad without success.

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by PerfiCut L&L, Oct 28, 2005.

1. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L Senior Member

I guess the people around here need to actually see the snow on the ground in order to consider calling.

Put an ad inthe paper a couple weeks ago, been running since, and nodda.:redbounce

Oh well.. guess we'll try it again next month. I hate throwing money away like that though.
  2. Andy N.

Andy N. Senior Member

When someone needs a contractor they use two methods, word of mouth or yellow pages. I have found that those types of ads don't work for snow services also. I have a large ad in the yellow pages and it works well.
  3. Put up a few pages on the local super market bulleten boards. You know...the flyers with the tear-offs on the bottom with your phone number.

Like chicken soup..."it can't hurt"

4. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L Senior Member

Not many supermarkets around here have boards any more. But I usually do post flyers along with plenty of business cards. Just thought I would reach more with a newspaper ad. Hopefuly more commercial anyway.